We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break 2019 w/5th Grade Twins & Grandmom?

Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Spring Break 2019 w/5th Grade Twins & Grandmom?

We are starting to think about a destination for spring break 2019 (week of April 13 - the week before easter). It will be me, my wife, my then newly 11-year-old twins and my 72-year-old mother-in-law. Realizing this is a ridiculously general question, figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has had a particularly special trip that time of year with this combination of ages. We will be traveling from the NY area.

This year (with a lot of helpful advice from the trip advisor community!) we went to Rome and Venice, and everyone had a great time. For next year, the kids have thrown around the UK as of interest (partly because their favorite you tubers live there!) and my wife and I have wanted to go to Mexico City. We'd also like to give the kids exposure to different parts of the world (plan to go to India in 2020 to visit a relative who is posted there, and they have been to Budapest and Vienna for a family event).

Apologies for the very wide open question, but, if anything springs to mind based on your experience with kids this age, would love your suggestions.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
828 posts
1. Re: Spring Break 2019 w/5th Grade Twins & Grandmom?

As your trip only appears to be for a week I would keep travelling nearer to home. To visit Britain for a week wouldn't get you a feel for the country and that applies to most European Countries. You could get a feel for London or Paris in a week but would not be able to either City justice. So for a weeks holiday I would suggest you look to visit Mexico or perhaps travel a little further and go to Costa Rica.

If you can manage 2 weeks and your mother in law is stiil active (my mother is in the same age bracket and is still very active) thenfor setting really special then I suggest a safari in Kenya for 4 or 5 days and then the rest of the holiday on the beach.

Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Spring Break 2019 w/5th Grade Twins & Grandmom?

Great suggestions. Thank you!

Reply to: Spring Break 2019 w/5th Grade Twins & Grandmom?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted