We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 somethings holiday, atmospheric old town, passeggiata

14 posts
Save Topic
20 somethings holiday, atmospheric old town, passeggiata

My girlfriend and I are in our early twenties and planning a holiday to the Med this September, ideally Italy, maybe the south. We are looking for a beautiful historic town, preferably coastal but this is not a deal breaker, with plenty of nice eateries, high quality accommodation, a pretty setting, and most importantly a real buzz of an evening. By that I don't mean raves etc., but a lively centro storico with lots of other young locals and tourists thronging the bars and restaurants well into the night. Does this dream location exist, or should I settle for a place that just ticks some of my boxes? I would describe my budget as upper mid-range, and am happy to pay up to £120 per night for accommodation, preferably a nice hotel or B&B. My girlfriend and I enjoy good food, good wine and good company in the evening, and like to spend our days taking in the sights at a relaxed pace, getting lost and happening upon charming piazzas and churches etc. We also like the beach but are not content to spend all day in the same place slowly roasting. Neither of us have got our driver's licence yet, but we are happy to take the bus or train to nearby beaches, landmarks, and areas of outstanding natural beauty etc. I have already been to Taormina and Chania, and we have been together to Venice, Corfu and Dubrovnik and would like to try somewhere new. Sorry for the long post and any help appreciated :)

1 reply
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
776 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 somethings holiday, atmospheric old town, passeggiata

Maybe Naples, Florence or Turin.

However, I suspect you would get better answers on the Italy Forum

Reply to: 20 somethings holiday, atmospheric old town, passeggiata
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted