We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Embassy In London help

Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
US Embassy In London help

Hello,

my girlfriend and i both need advise on 2 subjects. we have interviews on the same day in london us embassy for visa interviews. reason being i have non dwelling burglary reprimand and she has dwelling burglary caution.

i am told because she has no employment she needs proof that i am paying and that i earn enough for it. how do i prove this?

second question is , i am told you ca bring norhing in the embassy , no mobile phonw or car keys or anything. how is that possible?

any experience on what documents to bring with us and what i can and cannot take inside is welcome

5 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Embassy In London help

I think you need to ask the Embassy about what documents they need etc.

Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Embassy In London help

yes seems that way but no answer after 2 days yet..

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
34,052 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Embassy In London help

Any documents you have pertaining to your reprimand and her caution.

Any documents that show you can support your girlfriend.

Presumably they will have somewhere secure to store your phone and car keys? Or maybe it's worth taking public transport and leaving the phone at home to be sure. Or take a friend with you that will hold your belongings while you are inside and meet you afterwards.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: US Embassy In London help

I agree Toopaz but a lot of people now bank exclusively online and because of that do not receive Monthly Statements in the mail so have no hard copies to show but they may well be accessible by android or smartphones.

Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Embassy In London help

if it helps anybody see email response from us embassy below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Information about the documentation required on the day of a B-2 (tourist) visa interview is available via our website at https:/…. Please bring as many of the listed documents as you have available.

As advised on our website, if you have documents that you believe may help demonstrate your eligibility to receive a visa, you may bring them to the interview in case they are requested for review by the interviewing consular officer. There is no set form that such evidence must take.

It is important to note that applying for a nonimmigrant visa is not primarily a document-based process. As such, the consular officer will only request supporting documents if they are necessary to make a decision. In most cases, targeted questions during the interview, together with the wealth of information provided via the application form, are sufficient for the officer to determine if an applicant qualifies for a visa under U.S. law. No assurances can be given in advance.

Reply to: US Embassy In London help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted