We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
114 posts
93 reviews
49 helpful votes
Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

hi has anyone ever used tourradar for booking tours? thinking of booking a gadventure tour - but i am wondering what are peoples experience of booking a tour on tourradar as oppose to the actual companies website? i like the idea of free cancellation - but i am also dubious about it?

298 replies to this topic
Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
7 reviews
36 helpful votes
251. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

Paigemagnus,

As has been pointed out here many times, Tourradar does not operate tours. It markets tours. It is the tour operator with which you have a complaint. However, some tour operators will run their small group tours with as few as one person even if the tour is operating at a significant loss. This is so that customers can book with confidence. ad won't find the tour they have booked on is cancelled months fat they have booked because the tour has not reached some minimum group size.

I often travel with a small group tour operator that does this and I like to travel with at least a few others. So I always check with the tour operator as to how many are booked on the tour when I book and if the number is low I check periodically whether more people have booked. I am sure that you could have done the same. It sounds like you booked you tour and then took no more interest in what would happen on the tour until you arrived at the starting point.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
252. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

aussietravman

You are correct in that I never contacted them regarding my fellow travelers. I foolishly believed what was posted numerous times on their website regarding group tours. This is a quote from the website Tour Radar about what to expect from a group tour:

"Group adventures guarantee good times for the new group of friends, sharing experiences with like-minded individuals is a major highlight of touring! "

In addition when you are booking the tour, after choosing a date it tells you how many spaces are left. Mine showed other travelers booked. I never dreamed I would be all alone for 13 days.

Edited: 1 year ago
253. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts Edited: 1 year ago

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
254. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

UPDATE GROUP SOLO TOUR

My tour was supposed to include three and four star hotels however the hotel I was at would be lucky to get one star. The pool was green so we had to use the pool at the hotel next door, the water was turned off, my bathroom had rotting wood and rusty nails, a light switch that had not been washed in so long it was actually turning black, and huge ants crawling over my makeup. As if this wasn't bad enough, on day 3 I came back from dinner and found a live snake in my room that apparently crawled in under the door. One day 4 I spent 11 hours being transported ( according to the itinerary it was supposed to be 7 hours) to my next hotel where I was supposed to have some free time to relax before going on a tour. Even though I didn't arrive at my hotel until 7:00 that evening I was told I still had to take the tour or pay another $100 to take it the next day. So I rushed to my room unpacked put a bathing suit on and rushed up to meet the driver to go to the hot springs and dinner. The way it was described on the website made it sound like this was a relaxing beautiful calm experience. It wasn't. It was a huge amusement park with hot water springs. I was dropped off and told I'd be picked up at 10:00 and left all alone again. The place is huge and I got lost trying to find the restaurant and ended up on a service road where I fell and hurt my knee. Since I had no one's phone number I had to get a taxi back to my hotel. Today I was too sore to go on my other tour I paid for and was told I would still be charged for it.

On day 8 my anxiety was skyrocketing. Again I booked a group tour and was told I would have other travelers with me but that was not true. I ate every meal alone, gone on every tour alone unless you call the other people attending in their groups.

This is a quote from the website Tour Radar about what to expect from a group tour:

"Group adventures guarantee good times for the new group of friends, sharing experiences with like-minded individuals is a major highlight of touring! "

Ibhad 4 more days in Tamarindo and asked if I could get a refund for the 4 night hotel stay so I could attend a yoga retreat with other people. I was told I would have need to give 30 day notice for a refund. I explained 30 days ago I thought I was going to be with a group. The answer was still no.

I feel like such an idiot for spending all this money and being taken advantage of. Please beware.

Dar
Edgware, United...
1 post
2 reviews
255. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

I ordered a trip for my 75 year old aunt over a month ago and still do not know where she's being collected from. I have called repeatedly and still have no answer and the trip is supposed to begin tomorrow. Do not order the trip around Spain from this company. She is already in Madrid from the United States. and I cannot believe anyone would behave this way to a 75 year old. It is deplorable.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
256. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

I am so sorry to hear this.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel, Houston
Level Contributor
23,980 posts
177 reviews
131 helpful votes
257. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

>>This is a quote from the website Tour Radar about what to expect from a group tour:

"Group adventures guarantee good times for the new group of friends, sharing experiences with like-minded individuals is a major highlight of touring! "<<

Well, this is their Terms & Conditions and not just some sales and marketing lingo ... The fact is that this agency is ONLY an advertising platform for the operators who actually run the tours. TR will try to intercede with complaints, but doesn't have much authority here, so this is the reason I would never use a company like them. This is even before I read the 250+ complaint comments here.

https://www.tourradar.com/terms-conditions

>>B) Terms for Travel Adventures - The Role of TourRadar

The combination of travel services offered to you are packages within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302.

Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages. The Operator will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.

Additionally, as required by law, the Operator has to have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes insolvent.

More information on key rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302 here.

The Travel Adventures are independently created, offered and carried out by the Operators at their own discretion and responsibility. TourRadar is solely acting as a commercial agent for the Operators. TourRadar is not an Operator, nor a provider of Travel Adventures, nor a representative or proxy of an Operator nor an insurer. TourRadar does not own, sell, resell, furnish, provide, manage or control any transportation, tour or travel services and does not act as an agent to the Travelers.

TourRadar has no control over the behavior of Operators, Travelers and other users of the platform.<<

>>Contact and Complaints - The Traveler can also send messages, requests and complaints in regards to the performance of a Travel Adventure to TourRadar as the retailer. TourRadar will forward those messages, requests and complaints without delay to the Operator. For the purpose of deadlines any message delivered to TourRadar shall be deemed as duly delivered to the Operator.

TourRadar advises you to first notify TourRadar of any complaints by contacting TourRadar’s Customer Support team by using your TourRadar Booking Conversation page and clicking the ‘notify us’ link. If this does not resolve your complaint, you can upload your complaint via the European Commission's ODR platform. This platform for online dispute resolution can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/odr.<<

Crowsnest Pass...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
13 reviews
17 helpful votes
258. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

I have stopped being surprised at how many people haven't figured out that Tour Radar is not a travel company but a booking site - that works in a similar fashion to Booking.com. And this often continues after someone points it out to them. Unlike some of the other online booking agencies, Tour Radar is at least upfront about who operates the tours that they sell. It is very easy to check out the information on the operator's site and possibly pick up on discrepancies.

I've used Tour Radar in the past. When they first started out they offered discounts and perks beyond what you could get by purchasing direct. I saved a significant amount of money. Now they sell tours at the same price as the provider unless you download a brochure for a trip (they then offer you a 3% off coupon). They have helped me out in the past. On one trip they had the ending date of a tour wrong (one day later than the actual ending date on the operator's website) and when I pointed it out to them, after booking, they covered the hotel for the night.

I haven't used them for years as the potential problems with adding an extra cog to the wheel isn't worth the small discount they offer for me. The only benefit I can see is that you can pay in your own currency which takes the guesswork out of conversion and bank fees.

259. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
35,096 posts
54 reviews
25 helpful votes
260. Re: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?

But you are #258 BestC. Did that post get completely nuked?

Reply to: Tourradar.com - pros/cons for booking tours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.