We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

ayrshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

From the 8th of April, Ryanair will let you check in & print boarding passes 30 days before your flight, if you buy your seat! Only 7 days before EACH flight booked if you decide not to purchase an allocated seat.

Does anyone no if that means, if you are going for 10nights (not purchasing a seat) you can Not check in for return flight until you get to your resort?? and have to look for an Internet café with working printer?? 3 days later

70 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

That's correct. If you don't pay to prebook seats online check in will only open 7 days prior to the flight.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

Thot so, another way of getting more cash out of you. Do you think it would work just booking the return seats only??

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

You can just book return seats if you want to.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

Thanks. Just back from Puerto del Carmen, went to playa blanca for the day, Lovely place, weny to Tappas Bar that overlooked the dock the car ferry came into, beautiful place

Ireland
Level Contributor
391 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

I did not know about their new rule until I read this - It is all ridiculous!

I have a flight booked to Spain for 7 nights and while I guess I could go searching for an internet café with a printer during my break - I prefer not too.

Can you book seats now even though I have paid for my two seats a few months ago? The reason I ask this Is because I know that they have pre selected seats now automatically.

Hopefully it is not too late!?? :(

ayrshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

If you have already booked & payed for your seat, you SHOULD be able to print off boarding passes 30 days before each departure.

I have only booked and payed for my return flight so I can print them off before I go & print my outgoing flights 7 days before dep.

It means, even if you are going for 7days you will only be able to print your inbound passes the morning of your holiday, if you don't pay for seats, so its a bit tight if something goes wrong with your own printer!! On holiday you you would need to look for an internet café with a working printer. Up to each if they are willing to take that chance, cause if you turn up at airport with NO boarding pass it will cost you £70 each for them to print off your pass!! WELL another BIG con from good old RYANAIR

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

I tried on-line check in 6 days before my 7 day holiday which starts on 24.4.14. As said above, Ryanair's web site does not allow on-line check-in of non-allocated seats until 7 days before the flight. As also said above, for a 7 days holiday this would be just before leaving for the airport.

However i found that the on-line check in process would not allow continuation of online check-in to get any boarding passes, even my my outbound (non-allocated) seat. The only way that I could complete online check-in at all, was to purchase selected seat option for my inbound flight and pay an additional £10 per seat. For me this was preferable to the hassle of checking in online and trying to print off passes, whilst on holiday even if I had passed the initial hurdle of getting a outward bound boarding pass. Low and behold, as soon as I ticked to purchase selected seats, the online checkout process swiftly completed and I immediately received an email with my boarding passes.

This should be illegal as the tickets were bought and paid for months ago. This is a method to get additional £ per seat from customers. There was no way to print the boarding pass for any flight, even the outbound non-selected seats, without without selecting and paying extra for allocated seats for the inbound flight (if there was it wasn't easy to find). I hope this is taken up with the consumer organizations and proven to be illegal.

My response is that in the future, I and my partner will not fly again with Ryanair and we plan to opt to pay the ticket price of other transparent airlines. If i was the CEO of these other airlines, I would view this as a massive opportunity, to win additional business from disaffected Ryanair passengers.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
45 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

Your def right, Its just another BIG con from Ryanair. Looks like their getting away with it. We are a party of 6 flying out nxt Sunday, so had to pay for seat's so that at least a few of us can sit together. People with young kids are going to be made pay or take the chance of sitting all over the aircraft + adding quite a bit to the original cost of the ticket

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,011 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

"However i found that the on-line check in process would not allow continuation of online check-in to get any boarding passes, even my my outbound (non-allocated) seat. "

Either there was a glitch on the website or you were doing something wrong.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,011 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line

"Your def right, Its just another BIG con from Ryanair"

It's not a con, it's a feature that many passenger have wanted for a while. I prefer the old system myself but I'm not blind to the fact that a lot of people didn't like the scrum at boarding and would prefer to pay to have seats allocated.

Reply to: Ryanair new rules on checking in on line
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted