We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laterooms.com

New Zealand
Level Contributor
93 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
laterooms.com

I found them by chance and some of the deals seem pretty good for parts of the UK I"m going to. Not last minute bookings, several months ahead. I haven't had a lot of experience with these sorts of sites, just booking.com which went very smoothly. The prices are also per room which is ideal being a solo traveller.

So is this a site that's safe/legit, does it have any more or less problems than other 3rd party booking sites?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,366 posts
1,844 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laterooms.com

I have used them for booking hotel room in the UK and abroad. Its one of several 3rd party hotel booking sites I look at and plumped for them if they turn out to be the cheapest.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
179 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laterooms.com

I have used both laterooms.com amongst many other third party booking sites all have been fine and I have had some good deals however you need to watch you are comparing like for like ... Often you are comparing room only against bed and breakfast deals iand I would always check the hotels own site for deals before you book.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laterooms.com

Laterooms.com can offer excellent deals. As advised, check the hotels website also. I booked a room in Korea with Laterooms and got it for €80, in a top class hotel. I wanted to stay a second night but the hotel rate was €300!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laterooms.com

I wanted a hotel in Ware, Hertfordshire for one night in November 2012. Laterooms came up and said it was cheapest. I checked other sights and there was one other the same price(Booking .com). I chose Laterooms but discovered after I booked that did not include breakfast but booking.com did. I wont use them again because when I questioned them it was basicly "Hard luck there is no refund". Obviously Laterooms is not the cheapest as advertised because you have to buy breakfast and thier customer service needs brushing up somewhat.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,366 posts
1,844 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laterooms.com

Many third party booking sites claim to be the cheapest, but the onus is on you to check the specifics. Maybe it was the cheapest basic room rather than a hotel room with breakfast.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
563 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laterooms.com

i have used laterooms a few times when they have been the cheapest option

also if you sign up to a cashback site like topcashback you get sometimes upto 10.1% cashback

i always use this option if booking on company expenses as i pocket the cashback

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
29 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: laterooms.com

Brilliant Suggestion Kernow666 cash back sites are fast becoming the phenomenon that voucher code sites used to be.

I have booked with late rooms for France. Due to a bad back I had to cancel and got all of my money back.

Some other companies may have charged 100% canx fee or in many cases at lest an admin fee.

I usually when looking for accommodation look at skyscanner see the results and book accordingly however from now on I will look at scanner for results and then see if the leading price has a deal with a cash back site

Cologne...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: laterooms.com

I don't have the same good experience as fionag841 has.

By sure, laterooms.com is the website you should use if you book hotels in UK, but be sure that you don't have to cancel. My booking couldn't be retrieved from the booking engine, so you have a lot of hazzle to get in touch with somebody. Then, they look for all kind of excuses why a cancellation isn't possible although clearly stated that it is possible.

I still don't have my money back and probably won't use laterooms.com any longer.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: laterooms.com

After a bit of research I've found that laterooms is likely a legit site.

They seem to be owned by First Choice Holidays which is owned by TUI Travel; a very large company who likely would not deal with a bad site.

England
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: laterooms.com

I've used late rooms several times. They are legit. You can get some great deals sometimes. Do check if it includes breakfast if this is important to you. It's never been that important to me.