We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

Me and my boyfriend, both 18, are looking to go on our first holiday alone together sometime between june and august for two weeks. We were thinking of doing a last minute but we're considering our options. We have no idea where to go!

Somewhere with sun, nice restaurents, few things to do (water park etc) and not too expensive. Any Ideas?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,579 posts
5,128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

Are you traveling from the UK? If so, Id concentrate my research on the mediterranean coastline of Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus perhaps Italy or France but these two can be pricey. Egypt could be another good option if the political situation there ever calms down.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

The Algarve or one of the the greek islands may be good for you.

Check out the Forums to get some ideas

Edited: 23 February 2012, 11:11
Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

Bermuda is fun. They have some nice package deals going there. Enjoy your visit.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

Not so sure Bermuda would be that cheap from the UK.

Try Turkey, not so cheap as it used to be, but still a good option.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

Yes Annabelle, Turkey is a beautiful country, probably not as cheap flights as the Algarve, the greek Islands, or other places in europe though, which is the main reason that I have not been to my beloved Turkey since 2009.....as you say its not as cheap as it used to be, and so prices in Europe can now be as competitive as Turkey at times, and the flights are cheaper. (if you can get cheap flights or afford the extra though Turkey definately gets my thumbs up).

Majorca is also a good option, we was in Cal D'Or last September, lovely place, not rowdy, lots of great restaurants, stunning beaches.

Check out some of the options you are given on here in the forums for much more detailed advice and pictures.

Hope you have a lovely time where ever you end up, and do share your experiences on the forums on TA when you return.

God bless

Jay

6. Re: Cheap but good holiday for a young couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:42