We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

birmingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

I usually book through direct holidays but have seen cheaper holidays on travel republic and low cost holidays but I'm unsure if it is safe to use these?

I'm travelling to a country I go to 3 times every year so I know the area.

182 replies to this topic
61. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 January 2012, 15:05

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,465 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

mmmmcupcake

Travel Republic do have Abta on their website, because they are members. They do not display the Atol logo anywhere.

Lowcost display both, because they are members of both, but not everything they sell is Atol protected.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,118 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

Mr. Rathore;

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation, and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

Low cost rightly do advertise both which is very misleading.

There are quite a few people I know who have booked through them thinking that they are covered but to find out after paying that they are not.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,465 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

LowCost do cover it all in their terms and conditions which presumably people read before saying they accept them?

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

i have used both these companys and never had any problems, always book my own flights though.

All elements are seperate and so covered seperately, they are not packages.

If one element fails then you will be covered for your money back on that element, but because the other elements have not failed then they will stand.

If you book flights with them as well as rooms and transfers then find your flights are changed, it is down to you to change the room and transfers and hopefully the hotel will be able to accomodate, these companies are only middle men, not bulk buyers like thomas cook and thomson etc and so do not have the same control as these bigger package companies.

So there are obvious dangers to think about when booking independently..as you are when you book with the likes of TR and LCH, we have personally had very few problems, but on the other side of the coin, the savings can be hundreds, not just a few pounds, pay your money take your chances!!

One bit of advice, always book your flights yourself, especially with Ryanair, I dont know about other airlines but I believe that Ryanair states that it authorises no one else to sell flights on their behalf, and so if things go wrong and you have to deal with this yourself, technically RA can opt out of offering you any help, refund or anything if you have had your flight bought for you by another third party.

The likes of Thomas cook etc, buy the flights in bulk and sell them on and so they have an agreement with you, with the middlemen your agreement is always still with the airline, hotel transfer company etc.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
67. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

I too have had a bad experience with low cost holidays . Upon booking the flights and gettin the confirmation through we discovered they had booked the wrong return flight home. When I tried to view my ryanair booking I also discovered they had entered the incorrect email address they had entered a central low cost holiday email instead of my own as an error so I couldn't amend or receive any emails from ryanair. Whenever pHoning you get put through to different departments and brushed off - they do not want to take complaints . I have yet to go on my holiday let's just say I am very nervous .

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

I never book flights with these sites, always best to book flights direct yourself. Absolutely no point in booking flights in booking flights with these types of companies;

1. They buy on your behalf and so the price they advertise is subject to changes, thats why when booking holidays with some of these firms the price changes from the price advertised. They advertise packages, but they are not packages in the real sense...they buy all the elements on your behalf, where has larger companies buy the flights, beds and transfers in bulk and then package them and your contract is with one company for the whole holiday, with companies like lowcost holidays, Travel republic etc, your contract is with each individual company, airline, hotel or bedbank, transfer company. Very often with the flights, they go up as more seats are sold and you may find the "package" price changes because of this between seeing the advertised price and booking.

2. Some airlines, Ryanair for one state on their site that no one else is authorised to sell flights on their behalf, so when it comes to any mistakes, or problems, Ryanair may get funny about amending anything beacause their policies have not been adhered to.

3. There is double the chance for error if you give info to a third party and then they put this info into a website for you.

4. There is absolutely no gain in booking through a third party, you will get the price that is advertised by Ryanair, and you will not avoid any card payments, I know because I have gone through the process with some of these sites myself to see if you can actually get around the card charges and they are always added on before final payment.

As for rooms and transfers, I have used lowcost and Tr on numerous occassions with no issues.

Edited: 25 February 2012, 16:34
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,465 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

joanne, they didn't enter the wrong email address. They have to do what they do as they are going against Ryanair's rules when they sell you flights. Ryanair strictly forbid third parties from screen scraping to sell their flights, and reserve the right to cancel any bookings they find that have been done that way. As you chose to book a Ryanair flight through an agent, there is only the agent that will have direct access to your booking so everything has to be done through them.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?

co-op seem not bad choice, the staffs go through everything in front of you. rather pay a little bit more get face to face customer service, no wonder the shop still many people to book especially for the old people keep them less hassle.

Reply to: Travel republic or low cost holidays.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted