We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

My sister is graduating college and we are taking a trip together to celebrate the accomplishment. We need help on choosing a destination! Beginning to mid June 2012, one week to two.. We are in our mid to late 20’s and believe that a vacation isn’t a vacation without sun and beach. We are Dominican and rather not go there since we’ve been there lots already. We are not limited to location- we would go anywhere, but financially we would like to stay within 2,000-4,000. Weather is important- no cold of high chance of rain. We don’t want a “couples” spot, we want to enjoy the beach and spa services, explore, and have lots of options for things to do. We are not party animals, but like to have a good time. We probably won’t get to take a trip like this again so we are thinking of exotic locations like Ibiza . Please help us and make suggestions that would make for a once in a lifetime enjoyable trip!

If you do not have place suggestions maybe asking questions will help too- to pin point a location.

Thank you in advance!

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

oh and somewhere that is safe!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,873 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

Based on my opinion of Ibiza, I put it in the class of "party animal" and would not choose it. But, that's me. Another idea might be a cruise - that way you can see a variety of spots (Caribbean or Mediterranean, for example). Just a thought.

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

bk- thanks for your suggestion! Your right about Ibiza. I have never been on a cruise and my sister just went on one last week. We want to do something new to the both of us. I think a Mediterranean cruise might be worth consideration.....just not sure if we want to risk me not tolerating being on a boat.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,873 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

True..cruising takes some getting used to - sea legs and all. But, I'm so amazed by the options today. Some ships are like small cities with so much to do on ship and off ship. I liked the Med cruise I was on, and it made a stop in Ibiza, so that's where I developed my opinion. If I do it again, I might look at one that stopped in Greece. If you are interested, I recommend you visit the sister board to TripAdvisor, www.CruiseCritic.com

HOUSTON
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

great thanks! we will def check it out

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

While not exactly "exotic", you might consider one of the Club med resorts inthe Caribbean area. Two come to mind for your purposes:

Turks & Caicos: Adults (18+) only (average age is typically around 35-40). All-inclusive, about the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean (Grace Bay Beach) lots of activities (diving, snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, tennis, circus/trapeze, massage, etc) nightly entertainment/dancing. You can be as active of relaxed as you like. The club facilities are getting a bit old and are due for a renovation soon.

San Salvador Island, Bahamas: More upscale, heavy French influence (Club Med is a French company). Shorter (1.5 mile) but still beautiful beach, very nice upscale accommodations, very good food. most of the same activities (no circus/trapeze). This club is very low-key since the main activity is SCUBA diving and that involves early morning activities.

Club Med is not for everyone, but may be a possibility for you.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

the safest county was croatia. lots of night life, and very safe...safe and clean, even the baskets in the loo, never have paper!!! the islands would be outstanding.

also, how about a greek island?? the coast of turkey. an;y of those would fit your bill.

8. Re: Sister trip ideas help for June 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 14:18
Get answers to your questions