We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change currency...

Madrid
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Change currency...

Hi,

Is it possible that you could update the app so that it is possible to change the currency displayed? I'm Irish and planning a trip to Morocco and as the currency chosen by the app appears to be based on the language chosen for the operating system of my galaxy tab, the only options I have are for dollars or pounds sterling, neither of which are particularly useful for me. Without some kind of update it would seem to be impossible to get a combination of English language and Euro currency.

Thanks,

J.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
69,679 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change currency...

Hi Jon;

TA staff have asked for feedback on the mobile app to be sent to;

www.tripadvisor.com/help/mobile_feedback

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
39,192 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change currency...

Jon,

Take a look a post 19 on this thread with a work around that may work your currency issue:

tripadvisor.com/…40883408

Silvia

Madrid
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change currency...

Thanks! That app is actually gone from the Market but I found another one called Set Locale and Language which has worked perfectly.

Thank you very much,

Jon.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
39,192 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change currency...

Thanks for reporting back, Jon. Good to hear you found a different app that works for this purpose.

Silvia

5. Re: Change currency...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 06:15