We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verification email from TA?

Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Verification email from TA?

Hi all,

I'm new to TA and recently made some reviews. It seems as though all my TA reviews which had positive feedback was listed and the negative review I provided for a rest I received an email from TA (I think it is official) requesting me to click a link to confirm my email and review.

I'm hesitate to click on the link as I don't know if it is official. Is this a common practice for TA to send such emails?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,762 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verification email from TA?

Welcome to the Support Forum, RK_2012!

Yes, TripAdvisor sends out verification emails. These are sent out randomly, regardless of the rating you gave to a business. The email comes from contentverification@tripadvisor.com. If you do not click on the link TA provided within seven days (look at the cut off date included in the review), your review will be deleted from the system.

Silvia

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Verification email from TA?

Yes, TA do send out such emails.

If you wish to check the authenticity of a link (test this on your own user name here) hover over the link and look down to the bottom left hand corner of your screen (microsoft), just above, or overlapping the horizontal scroll bar... the information there should correlate with what you're expecting.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,996 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verification email from TA?

Hi RK_2012;

A few questions, just to ease your concerns...

- Was the email sent to the email address that you have on file with TA ?

- Is the subject line of the email sent from TA similar to;

HOTEL NAME HERE: Is this your review? (Action Required)

- Have you recently submitted a review of that hotel ?

If you answered "Yes" to all three, then yes, the email is legitimate.

Best Regards

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Verification email from TA?

"recently" can be as far back as at least 3 months ago (from information posted in a thread this week)

Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verification email from TA?

Thank you everyone for confirming :)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,996 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verification email from TA?

You're Welcome !

Belgium
Level Contributor
6 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verification email from TA?

I just got such an email from TA asking me to confirm a "recent" review. I did submit a review for this restaurant but it was 6 (!) months ago so I definitely do not consider this a "recent" review. Plus it's already been posted so I'm confused. What's more confusing is that it gives only the name of the restaurant I had reviewed but not the text I submitted, so I was hesitant to click on the confirmation link since it could very well be someone trying to "undo" the negative review I gave. Is it normal for TA to ask me to confirm a submission from such a long time ago and after it's been published and where the email also said if I don't click then it won't be published (= delete my post???). What's going on here?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verification email from TA?

A TA member or the owner may have disputed your review.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,762 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Verification email from TA?

"Is it normal for TA to ask me to confirm a submission from such a long time ago and after it's been published and where the email also said if I don't click then it won't be published (= delete my post???)"

Yes, it's not common but normal. TA can send you a verification email at any time and for any reason.

Silvia

10. Re: Verification email from TA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 10:18