We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Remove My Post" Isn't Working

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Topic
"Remove My Post" Isn't Working

I tried to remove a post of mine on a thread started by another member after that member accused me of taking the thread off track. Trying to "Remove My Post" on both tripadvisor.ca and tripadvisor.com has not worked. I have used this feature successfully a couple of times last year. Is there a bug?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,299 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

After you selected "remove my post" did you refresh your screen? That normally does it. Sometimes, I just click on the back browser button. When I click forward again, the post has the usual replacement message.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

I've noticed sometimes it just doesn't work.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

Sometimes TA needs to "reset" something there end.

Worth sending them a little message via the following link (click on "contact us" ) and hopefully they'll sort it out.

Also, if it's been "overused" then it can be automatically disabled :)

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

CB

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

It doesn't work for me either.....?

5. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 12:46
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

The post above, reply #5, was from me -so out is working for at least one person. Are you refreshing the screen after clicking "remove my post?" Most browsers let you refresh with CTRL+F5

USA
Level Contributor
7,005 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

Mine did not work the last time I checked. I figure TA disabled it after I reported a number of rude/harassing posts. TA did delete a couple of mine after I contacted them. That took too long to be of benefit.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

It's not a matter of 'refresh'

The "Remove My Post" just does not work.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,268 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

Unnecessary and over use of the report inappropriate button can result in TA suspending it's use. If that is the case, contact TA and ask for it to be reset.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "Remove My Post" Isn't Working

So, eventually most all members buttons could be disabled?

Then nobody could report. I will not be asking TA to 'reset' anything. They can find their own inappropriate posts.