We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

I've been wanting to post a review of Ploy Thai Cuisine restaurant in The Woodlands Texas since November. It is not in Trip Advisor and so I've filled out the form for "recommend an additional restaurant for review twice now. Unlike in the past, I have not received a note that says that I can now write the review, nor one that says it does not meet the criteria. I've heard nothing.

The first time I can understand it coudl have been missed but now I've had no response for two postings.

Any advice as to what to do next (e.g. do I need to keep posting until I get a response?)

Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
70,801 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

Hi ebigmac;

>>"...since November."<<

TA staff have commented with the large number of requests submitted, they are backed-up at the moment. New listing requests can take as long as a month to be processed and then added to the site.

>>"...so I've filled out the form for...twice now."<<

>>"do I need to keep posting until I get a response?"<<

DO NOT send repeated requests. Each time you submit a request, your earlier request gets pulled from the queue and placed with your most recent request, creating a further delay.

Sending a second request in a short period of time removes the first request. Your second request then sits in the queue in the order in which it was received. Then, if you send a third request, your second request is removed, etc, etc, etc.

TA staff process these requests in the order in which they are received. Your request is only as old as your last submission.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

I understood your message and have not re-submitted it but it is now the end of January and I still have not heard if the restaurant is being added or my request is declined. I find it even stranger that this request has been submitted for two months and a request that I put in 2 days ago, I received a response yesterday.

There seems to be a problem if it takes two months to consider adding a resturant, especially given that I included the URL, phone, address etc.

Even though it would go to the end of the queue, shoudl I re-submit????

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
70,801 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

Hi ebigmac;

A quick search for "Ploy Thai Cuisine" in Woodlands Texas, finds this listing...

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g56764-d241…

Is that a different restaurant ?

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

Yes, that is it. I had anticipated that there woudl be an e-mail when it was added and because I had not received one I incorrectly assumed that it had not been added. After posting my follow up question yesterday I went and tried again, just in case it had been added without me knowing it, and found it (so wrote my review from November).

Thanks for the follow up. I now know that I shoudl check back and not just wait for an e-mail.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
70,801 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

You're Welcome !

Most times you will receive an email, but when TA staff are busy, they sometimes forget.

Best Regards

Edited: 01 February 2012, 16:57
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

This just confirms my suspicions from another thread that "some" emails are not being sent out to members once their listings have gone live.

TA really need to fix this!!

Glad your listing is up anyway and you're finally able to review it :)

CB

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

Cheeky, we've know that for years. Ask half-Brit, she knows all there is to requesting new listings.

Personally I think it has to do when multiple members request the same listing. Notification hours out to the first member to request the listing, but the remainder don't get a notification.

8. Re: No feedback on request for new restaurant to review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 10:15