We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

Canterbury, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

Hi

I have just been to Altinkum in Turkey and the Hotel which I stayed was No 1 out of 5 hotels, but unfortunately the stay was not of satisfaction. We were moved to another hotel in Altinkum which we noticed was not listed in the 5, only to realise that you have another Altinkum listed with 50 Hotels on this.

My suggestion would be that you combine the two Altinkums as this would have swayed my original decision as to stay at the original hotel or to choose another in the region.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g1467692-Altinkum_Tu…

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g298002-Altinkum_Izm…

In the breadcrumbs across the top, just under the green navigation bar, it looks like one listing includes "Izmir Province" and the locations on the maps for the two areas are completely different. One is east of Cyprus, one is east of Naxos. Perhaps there are two places called Altinkum?

Canterbury, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

Hi

I understand what you are saying, however,

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g298002-Altinkum_I…

Says Aegean coast but the map says Mediterranean, so this is where the error has occurred.

Most of the hotels listed in the 50 are for the Aegean side. So as it stands the information is still inaccurate.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

You can notify TA through the following link.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_when_a_…

I would suggest you gather the correct address information for the hotel(s) you are going to refer to and report them through the link above. Using the correct address information, perhaps from the hotel's website, you could double check the location of the hotels you consider misplaced by using Google Maps. Using google maps, I do find the same two locations for Altinkum but I have not checked the location of the 5 hotels from the smaller list.

I believe TA will send you an autoreply and then at some point, when they have had time to check into your report, will notify you.

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

i am thinking of going to altinkum turkey this august me and husban age 50s i want a decent hotel near beach any suggestions thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

Hi Susan;

Rather than resurrect an old post, proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic.

This forum is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Altinkum Turkey forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g298002-i1495-Altin…

I would suggest posting your query on that forum.

Best Regards

Edited: 30 January 2012, 22:24
kiddy
Level Contributor
409 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

Be careful.What we call three star here is almost two star in Turkey.

7. Re: Altinkum, Turkey on twice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:43