We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earning a badge

Twin Lakes, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Earning a badge

I received an email advising me that I had earned a badge. What does that mean?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earning a badge

Hi there.

It's a little icon that shows how many reviews you've made - it appears next to your reviews. You get the first level badge after 3 reviews. This page in the Help Center helps explain: www.tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_star_badges

As of yet, they don't really do anything - they are just for recognition.

If you go to any of your reviews - look at your name in the left-hand column and you'll see the star badge under your name.

I hope that helps

Noah

Twin Lakes, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earning a badge

Thank you so much. You did explain it.

sharjah
Level Contributor
8 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earning a badge

Do we get a sticker to advertise tripadvisor?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earning a badge

Please do not change the subject of a topic as it makes the replies for the original topic hard to follow.

TripAdvisor have created a private Owners' forum where hospitality professionals can interact with and help each other.

Please note that questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k4608029…

If you are already a registered owner TA staff will likely move your post to Owners forum soonish.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,102 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earning a badge

It is a gimmick to get people to provide more reviews. TA sees this part of their operation most valuable because it relates to their advertising and other income. Answers on forums don't get recognition any more.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,976 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earning a badge

"It is a gimmick to get people to provide more reviews."

I don't see it as a gimmick Tony, as reviews from someone who has posted a higher number of reviews can be seen as more trustworthy. Although on the otherhand - we did all start with 0 reviews! ;-)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earning a badge

Is there a chart to see all the badge levels? So far I'm at Senior Contributer, is that good?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earning a badge

Here are the badge colours and numbers:

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_do_the_different_co…

L4

9. Re: Earning a badge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 12:15