We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

Vancouver, British...
4 posts
BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

Traveling from YVR to Heathrow - can anyone confirm if seat 64A is a cot seat? It does not show up on seat guru as cot seat, or on BA's seating plan as a cot seat however there has been some mention of it being a cot seat on other forums. We are traveling with a 16 month old and would like to sit on the UD if it has the cot option.

Thanks in advance!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,113 posts
35 reviews
11. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

Not only would I not count on an aisle seat being empty, I wouldn't count on a passenger who selected the aisle agreeing to switch so your family can be together. Most people who select aisle seats do so not because it is the only thing left but because they want easy access and do not want to sit inside!

England
3 posts
1 review
12. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

I have booked 64a for a flight on the UD from LHR to LAX in August 2012. Just spoke to BA (29/02/12) and they inform me that seat 64a is not a cot seat and I will not be asked to move as I have also paid in advance for this seat selection.

England
3 posts
1 review
13. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

I have paid in advance and booked seat 64a on UD from LHR to LAX in Aug 2012. BA assure me that this is not a Cot Seat.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
14. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

If anybody can help would much appreciate, I'm due to fly LHR to LAX and while outbound is day flight, return is night flight. I've got choice of UD and seats either 64A,B, J,K or 63J. Flying alone, and would like some privacy, also don't relish anyone having to climb over me, so would this happen in 63J? Not sure about flying 'backwards' and having window view doesn't really bother me, but really could do with some help/ advise. Thanks

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
102 reviews
15. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

On your own 64A is a GREAT seat-easy to get in/out without stepping over anyone or them stepping over you

loads of room for any of your stuff in side bins as well

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,103 posts
38 reviews
16. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

Judy - 64A or K are tucked away, so good for privacy, but you don't climb over anybody else to get in and out. It's also easier for the crew to serve you without disturbing the person in 64 B or J. Personally, as I always go for the window seat, I don't find any discomfort or strange sensation from facing backwards, my only complaint is that, as I do look out of the window, you see where you've been, not where you are headed!

No doubt somebody will tell you off for not starting your own topic, but necroposting instead, but it's effectively the same subject.

Enjoy your flight.

SWT

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
317 reviews
17. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

Just flew back from JFK in 64A - loved it. Space, privacy and side cupboards.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
18. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

Booking row 64 at check-in? Forget it! Gold BAEC members are quite quick to select 64A or 64K for the reasons mentioned above.

Until not so long ago, 64A was not selectable before check-in, but it changed which could confirm the fact this is no more a cot seat.

Agree: with a family, last row on the main deck, in the middle, is perfect as it provides a little "playground" for the kids.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,343 posts
15 reviews
19. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

I very much like 63J. The crew seats are in front of 63JK so the pax in 62A and 62K can't see you; 63B is slightly offset so the person sitting there will have to lean forward a little to see what you're up to.

No one will step across your legs, and unless the person in 63K has masses of hand luggage you will have the bin above the seat to yourself.

I dislike flying seated backwards (others' views do vary), so those who prefer the window seats are welcome to them. If you do choose a window seat, don't place anything on the side bins before departure as the items will glide away as the plane accelerates and lifts off.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
20. Re: BA 747 CW upper deck seat 64A

@TP: I put my glass of champagne on the side bin! But I hold it :-)