We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines MD80 and 738

California
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American Airlines MD80 and 738

If anyone is familiar with these planes, we would appreciate recommendations for which (2) seat to choose in First Class. We usually choose the bulkhead, but don't know these particular planes' layouts.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Nancy

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,206 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines MD80 and 738

Row 3 E,F on both planes are the better seats.

California
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines MD80 and 738

Thank you OLDIESGUY,

Interestingly enough, we are traveling to Boston for a three week New England Fall trip (2012) - one week in Boston, one week in Maine and one week split between New Hampshire and Vermont. Any tips about your beautiful area wiould be welcomed.

Thank you for the heads-up; I've confirmed those seats : )

Best regards,

Nancy

P.S. I'm looking to rent an apartment on Beacon Hill for the week. Good choice?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines MD80 and 738

I'd avoid the bulkhead rows because there's no underseat storage (Obviously). Also if your flights have food then observe the FEBO rule. Front Even, Back Odd.

On even numbered flights meal orders are taken from the first row and on odd numbered flights from the back. By situating yourself accordingly you can avoid being left with the crappier food option.

4. Re: American Airlines MD80 and 738

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:15
Get answers to your questions