We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbus 340-600 floor storage

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airbus 340-600 floor storage

Seat 35J does not allow for floor storage on take-off and landing. Where do you put your belongings at these times? Also, where is the pocket that is usually on the seatback of standard seats?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

What airline? In general, everything would have to be in the overhead bin for takeoff/landing, unless you can convince someone else to give up their foot space. The "seat" pocket would either be on the bulkhead wall in front of you, or on the side of the plane, shared with the window seat passenger. The later is normal if there is a flight attendant jump seat across from you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

The airline is Iberia. It's a flight from Chicago to Madrid. My husband would be in 35J and I would be in 35L. So, will I be able to store his stuff and mine under 35L? We're wondering if the extra leg room is worth the sacrifice of storage space.

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

It is only for take off and landing as you yourself mentioned. What do you need to store on the floor during that period? A book, glasses maybe......what else? Can't use electronics.

I'm struggling to see why this is even an issue?

Extra leg room is more than worth it in my opinion.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

I normally have a handbag (with wallet; glasses; medications; and sometimes food items, passports and other important documents, or reading materials, etc.). My husband has a small bag with the same type of items that I have in my handbag.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

So put them in the bin above your head. What s the problem?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

Bottom line--I need floor storage. For me, reaching down trumps schlepping from an overhead bin. But we digress. Will we be able to store stuff under sear 35L?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,245 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

Will we be able to store stuff under sear 35L?

No. That's for 36L. If you need floor storage "bottom line" then assign yourself seats elsewhere.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

No. That's for 36L. If you need floor storage "bottom line" then assign yourself seats elsewhere.

---

And don't then come back and complain about the lack of legroom. 35J is one of the best seats on that plane in economy, and L has lots of legroom too. You'd be mad to give it up over not having your handbag for takeoff & landing (only).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

Whoa! I just found out about this forum today and thought I'd try to get some information, This isn't exactly the friendly skies! Lighten up!

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airbus 340-600 floor storage

Bottom line--I need floor storage. For me, reaching down trumps schlepping from an overhead bin. But we digress. Will we be able to store stuff under sear 35L?

------------------

Don't understand the schlepping comment, as soon as you're airborne you can get your bags down and have the on the floor for the rest of the flight. Come time for landing the cabin crew will even help you put your bag back in the overhead bin.

Put anything you must have with you for take off in the seat pocket.

You may not like the tone but the advice given here is good. You said it your self, you need floor storage, therefore choose another seat but most frequent fliers find it amazing that you are even considering giving up some of the best EC seats over something so trivial!