We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland Express

Sweden
7 posts
Save Topic
Iceland Express

We (3 adults & 2 children) have book flights from Copenhagen to Newark with Iceland Express. Now I've been reading a lot about delays and cancelled flights. Is it still true? Is it particularly from London or do we need to worry that our flight will get cancelled and when will we probably know? We are flying late may. And how are the planes? Thanks!

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland Express

I wished you had done research *before* booking. Based on what I know of them and the experience a friend of mine had with them, I think you made a big mistake. =( Lots of cancellations and because they only have a few flights a week, you might get stuck somewhere.

Hopefully, someone has had a good experience with them and will post here for you.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland Express

It is not the intent of airlines to cancel or delay flights. It is not something they plan for and therefore, it is not something you'd be able to predict knowing about. There are many reasons why flights are delayed or cancelled. This has been a very tough time for weather in North America and that has certainly added to the problems.

From a mechanical perspective, planes of any airline that is allowed to fly to or from Europe are well maintained. That doesn't mean that something can't go wrong. It is far better to fly on a plane that is safe than one that is not.

The issue with small airlines is that they don't have as many back-up possibilities when something goes wrong.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. You are far more likely than as not to have your flight leave when it is supposed to.

Annecdotal informtion is not reliable.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland Express

No? Try this:

www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/JXX.htm

One of the worst airlines for frequent trip cancellations. And one of the worst airlines overall.

4. Re: Iceland Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2011, 13:35
5. Re: Iceland Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:21
Get answers to your questions