We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating for a large man

2 posts
Save Topic
Seating for a large man

Hi,

I'm 6'3, 350lbs and of course my concern is the size of the seats. I need something with legroom and width. Are Premium Economy seats worth it for comfort? Or should I just buy two economy seats? The payments are similar for both depending on airline. The airlines I am thinking of taking is either Air Canada, Air France. The Trip is from Toronto to Paris and back.

Example for 2 economy tickets - approx $1700 (Air Can/Air Fra) Or

Premium economy 1 seat - Air France approx $1900

Even if you think another airline or seating would be more comfortable I am open to ideas for Economy and Premium economy.

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating for a large man

2 economy seats gives you width but not any more legroom. PE on either airline gives you a bit more width but a modest amount more legroom. Only you can decide. (but remember if you go for bulkhead economy seats for more legroom the arm rests may not lift up so you could be out of luck).

Ludwigsburg, Germany
Level Contributor
413 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating for a large man

It really depends on what you look for: more legroom - economy comfort; more width - two economy seats. More legroom and more width - business class.

Did you have a look on Air Transat's Business Class tickets? Or Iceland Air's Business Class? Both have very competitive business class fares.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,041 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating for a large man

You can book an extra seat on AF at a discount and you don't pay tax and surcharges on the extra seat.

https:/…particuliere_pfc.htm

They will also reimburse you for the extra seat if the cabin is not full and that means if there is only one free seat you can get your money back.

It is a bit of extra effort and you can't book online but they tell you what to do on the link above.

I have done it a few times on KLM and it has worked ok for me.

Hopkinton...
Level Contributor
317 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating for a large man

I would echo Ronaldo especially if you'll fly Mon-Thurs. I fly AF Bos-CDG a couple of times per month, and it's not often a full flight.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating for a large man

What's AC charging for Premium Economy seat on that flight? Sometimes their prices are out of line (ie too expensive), but now and again they are competitive.

That will be an agonizing flight into an acceptable flight.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating for a large man

Thank you all for your insight, this has really helped.

Reply to: Seating for a large man
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted