We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chauffeur car

Wakefield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Chauffeur car

We are due to travel with Emirates in November travelling business class. I have booked chauffeur car from Wakefield to a Manchester airport. Can anyone tell me how and when we will be contacted with pick up times etc. First time with Emirates and so first time with a chauffeur car, being elderly it will be great for us, but a worry that they will turn up.

12 replies to this topic
W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chauffeur car

I booked the time online within the manage my booking section.

The car company called me several days before my flight to confirm my address and collection time.

It went perfect, enjoy Emirates lounge in Manchester. It's a very nice place to be.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,832 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chauffeur car

what Rick said, as long as your correct contact info is in the system you will get a call a few days prior to the flight to confirm all the details

Cardiff, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chauffeur car

Hi we have booked business class flights to Australia with Emirates, and told we get chauffeur door to door,

We live in South Wales and are going from Heathrow, which is appriox 100miles, can we pay the excess for the extra 30 or so miles and if so how much permile would it be? Thanks in advance

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chauffeur car

Have you looked on their website, or asked the airline?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,392 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chauffeur car

Bernadette see here:

emirates.com/uk/…chauffeur-drive.aspx

jeanatack I always get a call the day before to confirm pickup time the following day but you should already have the info on Manage My Booking.

Edited: 29 October 2016, 23:35
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chauffeur car

We have used Emirates Chauffeur Service from Manchester several times. Its brilliant, they've always ring us the day before and turn up at the exact time. The car's progress is also monitored on the way to the airport, that's reassuring if there is somesort of holdup on the motorway. It happened with us once and there was someone from Emirates waiting to whisk us through the airport.

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chauffeur car

<<there was someone from Emirates waiting to whisk us through the airport.>>

This is one if the best things about it, once you are in the car you are then Emirates' problem rather than worrying for yourself!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,557 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chauffeur car

It is a great service, we have used it many times. The chauffeur company in Australia always calls us the day prior to departure to confirm pick up times.

We live beyond the allowed distance so we pay a small extra fee, AUD36.00, but a taxi to the airport would cost us in excess of AUD200,00., so it is a good deal.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chauffeur car

Would check the date of booking - pre 3 July 2017 - and given the actions of Etihad after the denial of four sectors door to door for 'Business Class tickets?' Their website published Terms and Conditions appear to be contradictory - Etihad Chauffeur Terms and conditions

Etihad Chauffeur service is available to the following guests

1.Guests holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business Class.

2. Etihad Chauffeur is available to Etihad Guest members redeeming their miles on First and Business class.

3. Guests travelling on Etihad Airways operated flights (although holding other airline tickets), are eligible for Etihad Chauffer service.

Etihad Chauffeur is not available for the following:

•The service is not available to guests who are waitlisted, in transit or those collecting tickets on departure.

•The Etihad Chauffeur service can only be used by travellers who have a corresponding arriving or departing flight on the same day. The service cannot be availed on any other day for any reason.

•Etihad Chauffeur is not available to Un-accompanied Minors (UM).

•Etihad Chauffeur service must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of travel. Service will not be confirmed for bookings made within 24 hours. Service cannot be arranged for guests on arrival airport without prior bookings.

•Etihad Chauffeur operates within specific distances of all destinations where offered. If the service requested exceeds the specified mileage limits in any given city, guests are required to pay for the excess mileage at the locally applicable rates. All charges for excess mileage should be settled by guests directly with the chauffeur.

•If a guest fails to cancel an Etihad Chauffeur booking and the chauffeur arrives at the appointed time and place only to be sent away, this will be termed as “No Show". The service cannot be rebooked for a future date in conjunction with the same ticket.

•Etihad Chauffeur services are provided by third party service providers. Etihad has no liability for loss, personal injury or death incurred during the use of such facilities and services unless such loss, personal injury or death is / are caused solely by Etihad negligence.

•The Etihad Chauffeur service may be restricted on some special/promotional fare tickets. Please check with your travel agent or with the Etihad Airways office at the time of your booking.

•Etihad Chauffeur is not available for use with complimentary tickets or complimentary upgrades from Economy to Business and/or First Class.

•Guests must adhere to the pick-up times given to them. The pick-up time is neither flexible nor negotiable. Drivers will wait for a maximum of 20 minutes, after which the driver will advise the guest and promptly be released for the next assignment.

•Guests traveling on codeshare flights not operated by Etihad Airways.

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
5,943 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chauffeur car

This is a necropost - you are replying to a year old post about a different airline?

Reply to: Chauffeur car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted