We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking via TravelUp

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Booking via TravelUp

Hi guys, I read some pretty bad reviews about TravelUp so I would like to ask you- is it safe to book air tickets with them? We found a flight that is 150 Euro cheaper then the rest. Again most of the reviews were bad but all of them were 4 years old or older. Can you share your recent experience with them (if you have any)?

Thanx a million times:)

31 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking via TravelUp

Those prices probably aren't live and are there to sucker in the unwary (and the greedy/dim/careless etc.) who'll find out too late when things go belly up, they've been had. Book direct.

Boston...
Level Contributor
561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking via TravelUp

Read this forum. There are many topics about booking websites. Book directly with the airline.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,712 posts
1,304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking via TravelUp

OK, you have read the negative Reviews. What in those, do wish for others here to refute?

Are you seeking the one, or two clients, where things went well, to negate the posts from others, who were not so fortunate?

Good luck,

Hunt

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,537 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking via TravelUp

We found a flight that is 150 Euro cheaper then the rest. - You haven't found a flight merely an advert.

I bet that either during the booking process that they tell you that price is no longer available or even worse take your money but contact you in a couple of days to tell you its not available

Want a refund if you decide not to proceed - no problem, you can have it in 8 weeks.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking via TravelUp

Thank you for your help guys.

It did look too good to be true, but I wanted to check here before I do anything.

Again, thank you all!

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking via TravelUp

I have used them twice and no problems the savings were really good compared to direct-with-airline

Singapore
Level Contributor
847 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking via TravelUp

Since you have read pretty bad reviews about TravelUp, BUT unwilling to give up. Why?-- just because you found a flight that is150 Euro cheaper then the rest. However, where to book ticket, it is totally up to you.......

Anyway, airlines are usually far easier to deal with than a travel agent with regard to schedule changes, cancellations, etc. Some airlines will probably refuse to talk to you(or help you) if you book through a travel agent when something goes wrong.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,605 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking via TravelUp

If you want to take a gamble, go ahead and try and book that flight. I think that the chances that isn't available at the price you saw will be pretty high. But you never know...

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking via TravelUp

We booked flights with Travelup about two months ago for LHR-MEL return in September. Booked and paid online for the price quoted. Flights were confirmed straight away and ticketed by the next morning. The prices we paid disappeared just after we made our booking. Seems legit to me.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking via TravelUp

@Lemon C - none of the reviews I saw were up to date. all of them are from 2012 or older...

so that's why i'm asking. I wanted to see if anyone had a recent experience to share.

A lot can change in 4 years...

Reply to: Booking via TravelUp
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted