We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lycafly.com

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Lycafly.com

Avoid Lycafly.com when booking any airfares or tickets. They mislead the consumer by advertising prices online that they cannot meet with the airlines themselves to draw you in knowing full well they are going against The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 act, take payment from you, then advise you soon afterwards that they cannot provide tickets at those prices and proceed to take your money anyway, which you have to fight back for, then delay refunding you for weeks/months and every email and phone call goes unanswered. Do not trust them, I lost nearly £800 GBP with them which I have not had back for weeks. They are unprofessional and do not know what they are doing. You have been warned.

98 replies to this topic
1. Re: Lycafly.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2016, 13:35

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,298 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Lycafly.com

>>> Do not trust them, I lost nearly £800 GBP with them which I have not had back for weeks. <<<

Ask your card provider to instigate a chargeback.

And resolve that next time you will book directly with the airline and not some shonky 3rd-party reseller that doesn't have live pricing.

1 post
3. Re: Lycafly.com

I have booked my tickets with Lycafly. It was much cheaper and had no issue with this company. My etickets were issued 15 minutes after completion of my online transaction. In summary, an excellent price and service.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
64 posts
4. Re: Lycafly.com

Always good to hear of good results even it is a first time poster ;-)

The advice though remains the same, book direct with the airline.

London, United...
1 post
5. Re: Lycafly.com

void these cowboys and scammers. They advertise prices online that they cannot meet, take payment from you, then advise you that they cannot provide tickets at those prices and take your money anyway, which you have to fight back for, then delay refunding you for weeks. Do not trust them, I lost nearly £800 GBP with them which I have not had back for weeks.

6. Re: Lycafly.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 September 2016, 23:35

London
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
7. Re: Lycafly.com

We booked flights with LycaFly and they were cheaper and we got £20 phone credit. People need to understand that best price flights are advertised and things change on a daily basis. This is how it works, if anything you need to campaign to allow flexible holidays from school so its cheaper.

3 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Lycafly.com

Likewise, in the interests of balance, I also had a fair experience of Lycafly.

This review concerned me a little when Lycafly turned up the best prices for a trip to the far east, and I called after booking online to ensure that the reservation had actually been made with the airline. Although the helpline staff seemed relatively inexperienced, I learned that the booking number on Lycafly's very prompt confirmation email was actually the airline's own. Everything immediately checked out, and the flights themselves went without hitch.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,055 posts
476 reviews
9. Re: Lycafly.com

I don't think anyone here will dispute that even the worst companies get it right sometimes. In my view, though, there's a significantly higher risk in using online third parties than there is in booking direct with the airline. What's more, it's much easier to sort out any problems that do arise if there isn't an agent in between you, the consumer and the supplier of the service.

London, United...
1 post
10. Re: Lycafly.com

beware of Lycafly... you will be easily cheated *** their website is destined for FRAUD ***

I am one of the victim lost £80 while booking flight ticket for my family.

I was using www.momendo.co.uk to search for air tickets and the search engine suggested www.lycafly.com and www.omegaflightstore.com. after reading the reviews of Lycafly i decided to go ahead with flight booking with www.lycafly.com, when i opened their web page it was showing the same price, hence i have entered all the passenger information and credit card information. But after submission instead of providing the booking confirmation it was saying the said seat is not available now and its started to showing alternative booking options where journey onward and return booking flexibility was restricted. I have repeated this twice then decided not to go ahead with the booking.

Subsequently I received a call from Lycafly stating there was some technical problem with the ticket you were trying to book and they assured me to book the ticket with the best fare and send me the payment link followed by booking details in my email address. The new price was £80 excess than the price I was opted to book though the search website Momendo.co.uk. unfortunately, I trusted them and went ahead with the booking.

Just for curiosity later tried book the same via www.omegaflightstore.com and it allowed me go ahead to book the same ticket with the same price which was showing in www.momendo.co.uk within their website itself. I called lycafly customer care to discuss this issue and asked for a refund buy they were asking another £50 each person for cancellation (ie. £50 x 4).

Reply to: Lycafly.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted