We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problems accessing Southwest.com

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,963 posts
36 reviews
Problems accessing Southwest.com

I have tried several times over the last two days to access Southwest.com but without success.

I get the following error message

"You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.7557dd58.1463036197.389addaf"

I have been able to access the website in the past and have tried on 2 different devices with 3 different browsers but always get the same result.

I can access a variety of other sites without issue so I don't think the problem is at my end - has anybody else experienced similar difficulties

148 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,038 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

Main site is down for me too. Mobile site seems ok... mobile.southwest.com. Can you access it on your phone?

Edited: 12 May 2016, 08:41
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,963 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

Not tried phone - only PC & IPAD but couple of websites are reporting this is a widespread problem.

Will leave it for a couple of days - just glad I was only wanting to check if my future flight times had changed rather than completing OLCI.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
971 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

I am having the exact same issues on PC. No problem with the mobile site, but I am not comfortable booking thru phone as the screen is too small to maneuver.

What mine shows:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.88de9b7c.1463915786.69f30fb

Anyone still facing this issue? I am from Singapore.

Edited: 22 May 2016, 12:17
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,963 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

I had his problem for a few days last week but I'm now able to access the site on both PC and IPAD

US
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

If you don't like the mobile web site, try downloading the app.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
6. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

I'm from Singapore too and apparently they are blocking several countries. I booked my tickets without any problem at the beginning of April and now I cannot change my ticket because EVERY link from the confirmation leads to an "Access Denied" page or an "Expired Link" page. I did get the app so hopefully will be able to solve the issue today using the app. I plan on having a conversation with Southwest Customer Relations this evening.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,415 posts
105 reviews
7. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

It works for me right now via Chrome from Canada

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,320 posts
149 reviews
8. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

Tell southwest on Twitter and Facebook about the issue. Sounds like they are having issues outside the US. Need to tell Southwest when it happens

Dallas
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

Could be related to the release (ahead of schedule) of flights for Nov, 2016 - Jan, 2017. Maybe just overwhelming amounts of web traffic.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
971 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Problems accessing Southwest.com

Have informed the error through their facebook page but was told to call them instead! :/

I have just received their usual newsletter, the latest " greatest deals on fall travel. Click on their link but still gets denied :(

Really hope they get it rectified soon. There is no way to even get to their 'contact us' page.

Reply to: Problems accessing Southwest.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted