We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

Hi there,

recently booked a trip to Dubai for May next year flying out of Manchester on EK20. To my surprise when it came to selecting seats it allowed me to select upper deck economy. I know these will be new 2 class a380's not yet in operation. Does anyone have any idea what the best seats will be on the upper deck? I plumped for the whole of row 32 but does anyone have any better suggestions? many thanks.

90 replies to this topic
yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

Ive changed it to row 31 in case there is a bulkhead behind 32 that prevents recline!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,435 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

if it is a new 2 class plane, not sure how anyone would have suggestions on where to sit. Any bulkhead would be fine if you get it but they do hold it to OLCI or at gate. The last row is never a good one in any cabin as you know due to recline. The rest of the seats will all be the same . It is in the front of the plane so it will be quieter -- it was where FC was before

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,340 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

This is a recent thread,including comment that MAN will have a 2class A380 with Economy seats upstairs where the 1st Suites/Showers used to be.

Row 31 is in the middle of that cabin-The front row,24 AB/JK could be nice for a couple,that is if they are not designated bassinet seats?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

SS

yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

thanks for the replies, am really looking foward to experiencing the a380 and to book the upper deck even economy is a bit of a bonus. Just hope the buses arrive on time and are not substituted with an older version hence forcing us back downstairs :-)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,435 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

I honestly do not think flying upstairs vs downstairs is that different in a 380.

It is better in the bubble on a 747 but for a 380 upstairs feels the same as downstairs

You may have less crowd boarding as there are fewer folks upstairs but that is about it

Just my 2 cents

Level Contributor
44 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

We flew upstairs on economy on BA to LAX.

They had to 2-4-2 layout so we booked the 2 seats together. Was wonderful. I assume Emirates will be similar.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

We flew from Brisbane back to the UK on Emirates A380 recently, we actually had the back seats and were able to recline very well.(obviously not upper deck) We love the aircraft and the food and staff were superb, can't wait to go on the A380 again. Emirates is by far our favourite airline.

Edited: 26 October 2015, 18:17
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

Iam also flying on the Enirates A380 out of Manchester to Dubai in November. We also chose the 2 seats on row 31 on the upper deck. Please let me know what your seats were like.

Dhaka City...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

While selecting seats online, I cant see the upper deck in Emirates, any suggestion how I can select seat in upper deck!

Thanks,

Shahid, Dhaka

yorkshire
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?

I think there are 2 tabs on the seat plan one for upper deck and one for lower, I was about to select seats on the lower deck when I saw that there was a tab for upper deck.

Reply to: Upper Deck Economy - Emirates A380 best seats?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted