We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

wales
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

Hi,

Slightly confused.

How do you know which plane is which when you book with Thomas Cook and go to book your seats, does it say it's a refurbed air Tanker or one of the standard A330 they have had refitted.

Thanks

571 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

Depends when you are travelling and where from. It was supposed to be in Glasgow but currently in Manchester.

wales
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, we're going from GATWICK.

London
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

The tankers are not "reburbed", they are brand new aircraft!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

But they will be having new seats with seat back IFE even though the aircraft is brand new.

Air Tanker is not planned to operate from LGW. That has the ex-BMI aircraft in an all economy configuration.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

>>But they will be having new seats with seat back IFE even though the aircraft is brand new.<<

That doesn't logically make sense? If the aircraft is new, then logically so will the seats and IFE systems be, they won't put second hand ones in...,

wales
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

The main point for my question is that after a bit of research I found out that the Air Tanker that was delivered to Thomas Cook were not configured as requested. They do not have the setback IFE but instead were fitted with drop down screens, that people reported they have had problems with films freezing.

7. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 17:11
Edited: 14 May 2015, 17:11

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,736 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

There was a thread recently titled "T.Cook Air Tanker Review" in which someone who had just flown on the Air Tanker said it wasn't a bad experience and the drop down screens were every three rows.

When I search for it using TA forum search I can see the thread but when I click on it, it says that the thread has been removed. Not sure if there is still an issue with forum search as it has been reported recently in the TA Support forum.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,490 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

Here is the thread via Google cache ' Thomas Cook Air Tanker Review' in this link.

http://tinyurl.com/nwfpvgx

Angie.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,736 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330

Thanks Angie. ;-)

Reply to: Thomas Cook Air Tanker V's A330