We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Help

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Air Help

Has anyone ever heard of AirHelp? I had an issue with an airline and their site says they can help with compensation. I am just a little apprehensive. Sounds like a great service. www.getairhelp.com/us…

217 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Air Help

You can claim yourself, you don't need a company to write to them for you. Explain your issue and people can advise if comp is due and how to progress.,

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Air Help

Thank you so much for your post! The problem is that the airline, Frontier, has been unresponsive for 3 weeks. I have called, emailed and Tweeted. It has been awful. Just don't know what else to do..

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Air Help

Three weeks is not that long. You can get free help here. Why not post your issue on this forum? Leave out extraneous details and stick to the facts. Paragraphs make it easier to read.

Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Air Help

Thank you for your response. Here is my situation:

1. Frontier cancelled flight due to mechanical issue about 10 minutes before boarding.

2. I called airline immediately to get us on another flight but they could not get us to our destination until 2 days later. They did not seem concerned or did not offer any other assistance. Frontier does not have any agreement with any other airline.

3. Airline refunded our airfare.

4. Airline offered $150 voucher in compensation.

5. Another passenger travelling alone was offered more and they were just one person.

6. I just want to talk to them about compensation. I had to pay double what I originally paid on another airline to make my trip that same day. I am so very disappointed in their customer service.

Am I asking too much? Should I fight for more compensation?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Air Help

Where was the fligh to and from please?

Bangkok, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,823 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Air Help

Hi,

I agree with Froggy in that the "from where, to where" is somewhat germane.. and 3 weeks to me is not outside of the realm of a timeline... Customer Service for these kinds of post-travel issues is usually a Monday-Friday "9 to 5" only operation; not 24/7 as reservations would be.. So, 3 weeks really is 15 days at the *very* most and this

Also, do know that what the carrier may have offered one person may not be what they offer you, because here *may* be other factors in your case that make your offer more appropriate. I don't know the specifics of either case, so it's hard to know, but I do know that there can be secondary factors that drive differing levels of discretionary comp.

What I'd do is contact them by either email or paper letter, recorded receipt, and clearly state what you are *requesting* and give a factual, non-emotional reason for that.

Do remember that based only on what you've written, they (Frontier) appear to have met, in full, all their contractually mandated obligations to you, so remember that you are essentially making a request of them and do so from position of limited recourse as opposed to a case whereby the didn't meet either their contractual language or DOT regulations - that would be a materially different case and letter. The adage of "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" is a good one to remember as you compose your letter.

Lastly, it's my opinion, as someone who has done that job of post-travel CS agent before that I personally wouldn't "hang my hat" on the fact that passenger X got more than you as the principle basis for a review of your case.. A front-line CS agent in these kinds of cases probably will not expend the time to go back and research who that other person was (who got more) and the reasons for that decision and compare that to your case... and this does assume you know that passengers name or PNR as well. I would focus on YOU, what did this cancellation cost YOU and impact you... not the other person.

All told, based *only* on the limited information here, I'd say that a full refund of the fare paid, and a $150 airline credit/voucher is well within the realm of reasonable for most domestic economy-class cases of non-contractual covered disservicing events.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 07 February 2015, 15:07
Fairfax County...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Air Help

Thank you so much, "GOPBI" Very helpful information. I will continue my efforts to make contact but will tone down my emotional plea and just try to negotiate a more acceptable resolution. This conversation has been very, very insightful! Thank you all for your assistance! I wish you all good travels in your future!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Air Help

Hi

Sadly what one person manages to negotiate has no bearing on what you accepted. Some people are just better at getting compo than others. It is a lesson for you, next time don't take the first offer, hold out for more. Of course that might backfire. ;-))

Jackie

9. Re: Air Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 15:35

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
10. Re: Air Help

You aren't entitled to anything else. All Frontier had to do was refund your airfare, which they did. Agree that whatever anyone else received is not relevant to you. If you read Frontier's Contract of Carriage, you will see they went above what they had to do for you in the case of a cancelled flight.

You have discovered they will not pay to place you on an another airline's flights; you have to wait until a seat opens up on one of their flights. Just one of the reasons people don't fly with them.

Edited: 08 February 2015, 17:30
Reply to: Air Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted