We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

Darwin, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

Hi Everyone,

Make a little bit of a mistake this week. Instead of using the typical flight booking websites I usually use, I used trip adviser. Being trip adviser I trusted the travel companies that came up in the results. Without so much as a thought, I booked my ticket via budgetair.com

After payment, didn’t receive an e-ticket...well it never arrived (I paid on Tuesday and its now Saturday night) I’ve sent a few emails and tried calling them tonight. For 30mins I waited on the phone to finally be put onto someone who told me my booking number didn’t exists and because I had booked it in Australia it must have been a different 'type' of budgetair.com. I then go transferred again and again....Basically I have been ripped off $800.

This isn’t just sneaky is downright fraud, I know I was silly and stupid for choosing a new site however am a little disappointed that trip advisor flights even uses booking agents such as these, well it’s not even a booking agent.

I don’t mean to just whinge and right a negative review here, I would like to warn others not to use this travel agent, it’s not just inefficient like you may have read in past reviews but it’s also fake.

I hope trip advisor look into this and perhaps remove it from their flight listings?

Thanks,

Tom

328 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
54,532 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

Tripadvisor merely allows these companies to pay to advertise their offerings through this website. It's not an endorsement or a recommendation of anyone.

There is already a long running thread about the same company. Please delete this thread and post your comments and experiences there instead.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k51391…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,864 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

I am surprised that people are having issues with this company. I have used them many times and never had a problem. They are one of the few third party agents I will even check with. Of course I try to book directly with the airline most of the time.

Maybe I was just lucky the times I used them or the service has gone downhill or something.

UK
Level Contributor
6,388 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

I haven't read the long-running thread... but like Ronaldo I have used them a couple of times with no problems whatsoever (this was on occasions when neither KLM nor Expedia were able to give me the exact itinerary I wanted).. They've been around a very long time - they are the online arm of Vliegwinkel, a Dutch travel agency that was established in 1975.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,160 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

They are also a partner with Vayama, Easybook, and Cheaptickets....other 3rd party OTA's that I'd stay away from based on posts at this forum.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
54,532 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

I prefer to avoid third parties anyway, but it seems that anything with 'cheap', 'budget' or a similar word in the title should be checked out particularly carefully.

mayo, ireland
Level Contributor
578 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

Its as if all free will has been sucked out of people when they use the interwebby thing. If the first ad in your local paper was for the "bearded lady" show in the town hall, would you go and be surprised to find a hairy bloke in a dress? Search results are suggestions, not direct orders.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

Tom, how is this proceeding? Have you received your itinerary as yet?

8. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 02:36

9. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

10. Re: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?

Reply to: Budgetair.com a complete scam/Fraud?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted