We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

Helsingborg
Level Contributor
822 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

I just found this site and the prices of some of the flights are just outstanding.

According to wikipedia it's the second largest online travel site in canada.

Anyone with experience with this site, will my booking be safe and will i get my flight ticket ? (i am looking at (CPH - LAS, LAX-CPH) and the prices on british airways flights for just 1300$ stands out from all other booking sites i've searched.

193 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,310 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

Here are some complaints and reviews.

Keep in mind that most people don't bother writing if things go well!

bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/travel-ag…

www.yelp.com/biz/flightnetwork-oakville

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4413460…

2. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 21:05

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

If there is little or no different In price book with the airline, booking with a third party can open up a whole can of worms and can cost you dearly if the littlest thing goes wrong. The best advice is book directly with the airline involved.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

I booked with FlightNetwork for a trip from Auckland to Sydney. No issues whatsover! Called the airline to confirm we were booked in within half an hour and we were. Would recommend them!

Halifax, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

The absolute worst customer service I've ever received.

Even when my flight was cancelled the day before, they simply said "People who book non-refundable tickets should be a little bit more flexible"

Also, your "Price drop protection" searches will never come up with any savings of more than a few dollars and even then it is a credit so you have to book with them again.

If I can convince even one person not to use this terrible website or at least read the endless bad reviews they receive online and form their on conclusion, I will feel a little bit happier

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,021 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

"If I can convince even one person not to use this terrible website or at least read the endless bad reviews they receive online and form their on conclusion, I will feel a little bit happier"

If none of the other negative reviews deterred you from using them then I cannot see why your negative review will make any difference - unfortunately those most likely to use online 3rd parties are also those least likely to research in advance.

England
Level Contributor
601 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

I asked the question if I should book with any flight consolidator and was advised to book direct with the Airline It was a little bit more expensive but I have to date contacted Emirates twice as I wanted to book assistance and later to change the seats I had already reserved but realised that I was sitting in the wrong position due to a torn cartlidge No problems and very polite helpful member of staff I have been reading of someone who had had their flight changed and they are now having to deal with the TA they booked with who are not too helpful The Airline have just referred them back to the TA I am not flying until December and anything could happen between now and then It is simply not worth it for me to save a little and perhaps have a problem Peace of mind is what I am looking for

Sue

Edited: 29 April 2015, 18:35
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

Right on keela.

I suspect many people think "a seat is a seat so I obviously should just book the cheapest" but as you've already found out, a seat is not just a seat when you need to contact the airline. And with you not flying until December, there is plenty of time for schedule changes, and if that happens, you have a straightforward access route to the airline.

And in many cases, the so called consolidators aren't any cheaper anyway, they can't deliver what the adverts promise,many here end up paying more (and that's aside all the lost money due to various mess ups )

However, note that even when booked direct, it's still good practice to regularly check your flights within the airlines system, they aren't always on the ball when it comes to contacting people after schedule changes.

Edited: 29 April 2015, 19:01
England
Level Contributor
601 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

Yes I always keep checking my booking I do this also with cruises I book If there are price drops unless it is for new bookings only I can get that price drop applied to my booking Have found out once that I had been upgraded nice surprise

I booked my flight Cost £694 with Emirates Could have booked for £659 BUT that fare has now gone up to £1145 for the same dates I have never had a flight for as little as this

I had wondered about booking so early but was aware that this price was bound to increase

As you say there could be changes to the flight but will keep an eye I like to watch how busy the flight is going to be

Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?

I was very disappointed about how Flight Network processed my booking and, particularly, the way they dealt with me as a customer.

I booked a ticket from Melbourne to Bali which was supposed to be operated by KLM airlines (as clearly shown and confirmed in the email 'Summary of your Booking'), but then with out prior notification nor with any sort of consent from my part, I was told that there was no such a flight and that my 'booking was confirmed on Air Asia'.

Unbelievable.

Aside from the latter I have to say that contacting and dealing with the Flight Reservations Department was the worst booking experience I have ever had. I was put on hold on several occasions and for a long while each time and, as if that wouldn't be enough, treated in a very aggressive way by one of the sales consultants.

Few days later I even realised that Air Asia was offering a cheapest fare for the flight I booked supposed to take. I found that outrageous, specially considering their advertising on 'Price drop protection'.

Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe? In short, no.

Reply to: Is booking with flightnetwork.com safe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted