We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Today i have tried to check in online but i am unable to enter my 16 year old sons D.O.B, I have been unable to contact Ryanair via phone/email/fax, can anyone help we fly next week ?

96 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

No one here can enter your sons DOB :-) You will have to persevere on the phone. What actually happens? Do you get an error message or what?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

lol i should have worded it better what i meant was has anyone had this issue, it wont let me enter his his year 1997, it will only allow me to go to 1998, i gather it is because his title on the booking form is down as master, ive currently tried ringing since 9 this morning i dont think they answer the phone

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Will it let you change his title?

Did you pay for a child price?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Paid the same price for a child as an adult, unfortunatly it wont let me change it to a mr, still no answer on phone or email :(

Gotene, Sweden
9 posts
5. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Hi, I am 16 years old myself and I have the same problem.. Going to take ryanair next week and I can't contact ryanair at all.. Have you flight yet? If so, what happened. I am flying on monday and I can't get my boarding pass

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Hi

Telephone the second customer services open and make sure you have the correct number for customer services and not the one for website problems.

Not 15 minutes later but primed and ready with all your details in front of you the very second they start to answer their phones.

Looking at their website you may have entered your son under the sign of <16 which is a mathematical way of writing less than 16 and not 16, which is why the date is impossible to enter. In my opinion it is not the best way of writing under sixteen because not everyone understands mathematical symbols.

Anyway be at that phone on the dot and you should get through.

Good luck

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

I guess this post from a couple days ago is saying the same thing as Jackie who I guess has hit the nail on the head people think they selected 16 but selected under 16 otherwise why the issues with 16 year olds specifically?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k76276…

Gotene, Sweden
9 posts
8. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

I called them today, not with that number, but with a different one that I got from "GoTo". I called and they said that they fixed it, but I have to check in at the airport while the other familymembers could checkin online. But still another problem came on the way. We can't write out the boarding passes..

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

"Go to" ?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds

Hi

You have to have your boarding passes, Ryanair charge a fortune if you turn up at the airport without them.

Who are 'Goto'.

Jackie

Reply to: Ryanair online check in 16 year olds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted