We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet android app and boarding passes

Horley, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Easyjet android app and boarding passes

I'm a regular on Easyjet and normally print my boarding passes and take them with me. This time I thought I'd try their android app on my Samsung tablet, which is supposed to let me check in and retain a copy of the passes on the device so I can flash it at the departure desk. It sounds a brilliant idea, right ?

So I used the app to log in to Easyjet, found my upcoming flights and quickly checked in. The app said I'd checked in and showed me the passes on the screen when I pressed the icon for boarding passes. Later I decided to show my wife how clever this all was, logged in to Easyjet again and guess what - it says I'm not checked in. It won't show me any boarding passes. Huh ?

So I moved over to my desktop PC, logged in and guess what ? It says I'm checked in and it let me print the boarding passes. Went back to the android app, still not checked in, still no passes.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or is the app faulty ?

34 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

You could try uninstalling the app and installing it again and seeing what happens then. I have seen people use them to board - some people love these things and find them more convenient and quite user friendly, personally it takes me less time and worry to print it at home before leaving. If you want to just try it out take a printed backup copy and see if it works on the day.

I found a site online via google with about 100 complaints listed about the easyjet app, but I didn't see your specific problem within them so perhaps try re-installing.

Horley, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

Thanks. You can find hundreds of complaints about any app, and in my experience the main problem is that android developers think that everything is intuitive when it's not. Well, not for anyone past their teens, anyway. There is very rarely a good old-fashioned user guide, any "help" is minimal or written in a baffling manner by someone whose first language is not English or anything like it. After 18 months, I'm still discovering android "features" I didn't know about simply by picking the device up and accidentally pressing some undefined spot on the screen in a certain way.

As I said, I have printed the boarding passes anyway. I've also asked a friend who works for the airline to make some enquiries...

Horley, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

Interestingly, I tried again on the Android tablet. When I called up my flights the initial screen still said that I wasn't checked in, but moving on from there the next screen said that I was. This offered me a download of the boarding passes (again) so I took that route and ended up with the passes able to be called up from the "boarding passes" button on the home page. I wonder if they will still be there tomorrow ? Maybe they disappear when you switch off...

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

I used the app and took paper copies when I flew in March, didn't have any problem with the app on my phone.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

I know exactly what you mean. If you check in online and receive an e-boarding pass it disappears off the phone if you accidentally press the back button. There is no explanation how to locate boarding passes on the easyjet help page. It took me half an hour of panicking to figure out that if you swipe the screen that says you're not checked in, it'll take you to a second screen where you can click on boarding passes. It should come up there.

Edited: 29 September 2014, 08:24
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

Hi

I have no idea about the differences between my iPhone and an Android phone but my app works perfectly. Apparently having a passbook to store boarding passes which doesn't need Internet to access came with the phone, surely you android owners should have something similar to download.

I've used my app for ages now, in fact I can't remember the last time I used a paper boarding pass.

Jackie

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,534 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

I had access to my app (android) boarding passes when I went to Tenerife last year, they were stored under Boarding passes on the app (I'm sure they were) and I took paper copies just in case.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

What sort of connection does your tablet have? You need to download the pass at least once to the device. If the device doesn't have an always on connection you need to do this before hand.

At least that's what I remember.

The other issue is making sure you're logged into your account. It's possible IIRC to access things with just the flight code they email you. But if you want access to all your flights you should log into your account.

Cambridge, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

Problem with easyjet app not allowing you to input correct DOB on iPhone app?

I just had this- the only fix I could find was to download the app on an ipad- put the information in and then sign in to your account on the iPhone.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet android app and boarding passes

I've had boarding passes disappear during an update to the Easyjet Android App. Had to check-in again to get them back.

Edited: 26 February 2015, 10:03
Reply to: Easyjet android app and boarding passes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted