We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omega flight store (omega travel)

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Omega flight store (omega travel)

WARNING!!!! TO ALL!!!! Omega travel which a awful company. Booked flights to Tunis through Sky scanner after lots of searching I decided to bite the bullet and book with this company as they were offering the cheapest prices. Big mistake!!!!!! After completing the online booking I shortly received a confirmation email saying my booking had been confirmed the prices however were not guaranteed until the payment had cleared and tickets have been issued. Surprisingly shortly after that email was received I received another email saying that the online booking had been declined as the price was now invalid. I called the company and spoke to somebody who would not provide their name and did not speak very good English!!! he assured me that the payment has gone through and will be refunded within five working days. A question that still to this day has not been answered is why did they take the payment when the price is invalid.

After five working days I called my credit card company to make sure the payment had been refunded! low and behold the payment has not been refunded!!!!

I called Omega a travel once more and once more spoke to a foreign representative! Press 1 for English!!! Yeah right!!!!! This gentleman assured me that the payment will be going through the following working day he repeated this over and over again and even said he will get the cancellations team to send me a confirmation email of this.The following working day came. I phoned my credit card company again and surprise surprise the payment had still not been refunded, another phone call to Omega travel. This time I asked to speak directly to the cancellations team and was advised this team does not exist. This representatives of Omega travel however after looking into my booking advised me that the payment has never gone through they had never collected my money.

This company does not a data data protection protocol. Not once was I asked any security questions. Each time I called the representative who answered was not aware of any calls that I had made in the past there were no notes of my telephone conversations on my booking.

Really useless untrustworthy company with foreign agents that are hard to understand. They are rude uncooperative and they lie.

800 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

"I decided to bite the bullet and book with this company as they were offering the cheapest prices." - The cheapest price as you have discovered can also mean the lowest level of customer service.

Beijing
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

yep, I second that. Had a previous similar experience. Really annoying when you have flights that you need to take within a few days time, and have no way of telling if your tickets have been issued, confirmed or even cancelled. Getting someone on the phone there who can comprehend and deal with your query efficiently is like trying to squeeze water out of a stone!

You been warned. Do yourself a favour and book with Expedia or a local agent. The online booking of Omega travel is trouble at best and a complete waste of your time, energy and potentially money!

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

Or just book direct with the airline!

Deb

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

Thanks A Lot To Aware For It I Was About To Pay Them, Then Just Clicked In My Mind To Make A Google Search For This Company As Soon As I Read The Above Message I Stop Going Further.

Thanks Again.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

Many of these little companies (with big flashy websites) are a few people working from their kitchen tables. If the prices don't exist via the airlines directly, then they are unlikely to exist at all. None of these little companies have access to unique inventory. They all dive back in to the internet to book you the flight, just as you could have done in the first place.

When they do have *special* access to deep discounted tickets, they mark them up so high as to compete with full benefit tickets. Buy direct from the airlines.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

>>Do yourself a favour and book with Expedia or a local agent,,,<<

Lol,,,,,book with the airline, it's really that simple. There is no magic bullet.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

thanks to all for the input re Omega travel...i saw them via skyscanner...and decided to reseach....

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

Did you get your money back??

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

Re omega travel:HELP!!! Was stupid enough to book flights to USA with them- they have taken money "pending payment" and have email saying booking declined - cant get back through to number surprise surprise and when do they just say refund in 5-7 days refund in 24 hours their main concern was getting to make another payment and do it all again!! Have contacted back- please help!! Do I get my money back???

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Omega flight store (omega travel)

File a complaint with your credit card provider (pesuming you paid by credit card) and you should be covered.

Reply to: Omega flight store (omega travel)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted