We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not book Scoot

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Do not book Scoot

Scoot is the worst airline I've ever booked with. I booked flights on the 25th of July, money was taken off me on the same day. I never received an intinary and now they have cancelled my flights for not paying. I never received a refund, I've rang 8 times, emailed 5 times. Each time I'm promised something that never happens, they have hang up on me, lied to me and been very rude.

We still have no booking and have still paid. Worst experience with airlines.

117 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not book Scoot

Contact your credit card issuer.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do not book Scoot

Need more information;

1.) did you book directly with the Airline?

2.) is your charge on your CC Statement?

3.) if the charge is on your statement, did you contest it with the CC Company?

4.) Have they admitted in any e-mails that they owe you money?

Most Customer Service people will not hang up on a person, unless the person gets extreemely unreasonable, or starts to use foul language. How did you conduct yourself on the phone?

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do not book Scoot

Hi,

Thanks for the questions. Yes I booked directly through the Scoot website. I actually paid with Poli and yes the transaction is showing on my bank statement. I have forwarded Scoot a copy of this statement. I have not contacted the bank as Im not sure how this would help, but if you think it would I would love to give this a try.

Unfortunately, they have only admitted the owe me the money or ticket over the phone, there emails are very vague. Only giving small amounts of information.

I was actually quite surprised that they would hang up too, I was polite on the phone, did not swear or raise my voice. I think it was easier than dealing with the issue.

Hope this clarifies, let me know if you have any suggestions or any other questions.

Amy

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do not book Scoot

Definately contact your CC provider, and tell them you want to contest the charge. They'll usually stop payment and Credit your account.

After that, I rekon you should book with another Airline or rebook with Scoot, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 23:19
australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do not book Scoot

This is not a credit card payment....suggest you complain to POLI as the money came from your bank account but didn't reach the merchant (Scoot) they need to fix it for you Lofin to your local site, I found this on the Aust site

POLi Support

Contact us

FAQ

Transaction refunds

Complaints / Dispute Resolution

Merchant Resources

Developer Section

Complaints / Dispute Resolution

What do I do if I have a complaint?

Any complaints about any goods or services paid for using the POLi service should be resolved directly with the supplier of those goods and services.

However, if you have a complaint about the POLi service itself, you can contact Centricom by following the steps detailed below.

To clarify your rights in using the POLi service, we recommend you carefully read our Terms and Conditions. You can then decide if you wish to raise a complaint.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do not book Scoot

Perhaps there is a problem with their administration

I flew from Sydney to Singapore yesterday, 27th August

and am very happy with the whole experience

I had reduced expectations from a budget airline but was won over

The boarding was not so smooth and take-off was about 30minutes late but we landed at the scheduled time

However the young,smiling and efficient staff was a bonus

The food purchased on board was okay and good value

Surprisingly there was good legroom and I did not feel cramped

The toilets were clean and probably cleaned during the flight too.

The best bit was the cheap fare

I hope they do well and create more travel opportunities for all

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do not book Scoot

You need to go via poli as the next step and make it urgent. There is something wrong in the transaction somewhere, you said you paid and have proof, they said they never received it, poli has to be the answer.

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do not book Scoot

This is not a SCOOT problem. This is a problem between you and POIL/your bank.

If POLI (your bank) did not send the money to SCOOT then the problem lies with you.

If SCOOT did receive your money, then they would have no reason to stuff you around.

I understand your frustration, but hardly fair to blame SCOOT for a problem that began at your end.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do not book Scoot

The problem lies between POLI and Scoot not the customer.... there is no handshake signal coming back from Scoot to accept the funds so the system times out and hangs...money is in limbo, probably with the bank in a great big "reject pile".

Getting it back is the problem and obviously Scoot personnel have no idea how the system works so find it easier to hang up...typical remedy used quite often. New technology no training go to the banking Ombudsmen, if Scoot want to sell in Oz they have to abide by the rules

Berry, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do not book Scoot

Over 250,000 passengers booked online since Scoot started and only a very small number of 'relevant' complaints.

EVERYONE has access to a visa/mastercard (even if using debit facility - not a credit card) and this is widely accepted as a faultless process. POLI, unfortunately, relies on too many intermeidaries and therefore the chance of issues triples.

If SCOOT has received your money there is no reason why they wouldn't give you a ticket. However, as is more likely, POLI system was inadequate, then it is a shame to berate an airline that is offering us all a cheap alternative (who cares if the food sux).

I have been with SCOOT 3 times, and have had a few minor issues with booking, but always found the call centre to be helpful.

I really hope you can track down your lost money, however is grossly unfair to say SCOOT has it and refuses to give you a ticket

Reply to: Do not book Scoot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted