We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

Greetings:

Recently, I “cashed” in some aeroplan points ( AirCanada) to get a return trip from Halifax to Toronto. Unfortunately, when I was completing the reservation on-line, I omitted my middle name from my, now, paid for booking. For example, if my name was “John Robert Smith”, my eticket simply states that I am “John Smith”. My first name is correct, my family name is correct and there is a space between the two names but my middle name (which is in my passport) is absent. I live in the Middle East so I can’t simply call Aeroplan and correct this problem over the phone. However, is this a big problem? I am traveling within Canada, I have my passport and driver’s license, and I have simply omitted my middle name but am I being naïve? I simply do not want any problems at check-in. Any advice given in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

You won't need a passport to fly from Halifax to Toronto so the lack of 'Robert' on the eticket shouldn't be an issue.

aircanada.com/en/…-ca Your driver's licence should have name, date of birth and gender; as long as the photograph looks like you and identifies you as John Smith, John R Smith or John Robert Smith then all should be well.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

I can't see any reason you would have any problem. I never have my middle name on my airline ticket and it's never been an issue.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

Airline reservation computers must have first name and last name.Middle name is nice to know,but serves no purpose for the computer.You will have no problem.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

You should be fine. I have never used my middle name while ticketing.

5. Re: I made a mistake on my eticket from Halifax to Toronto.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:16