We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA to Cancun

london
4 posts
Save Topic
BA to Cancun

Flying with British Airways this summer to Cancun please let me know your experiences from online check in, upgrades, food, in flight entertainemnt etc

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA to Cancun

I have not used BA to Cancun but have used their Gatwick services to the Caribbean a number of times.

Online check in - no problem

Upgrades - you will have to pay for them

Food - average, don't expect a banquet (even in Business Class)

IFE - good, latest films and technology

The BA services out of Gatwick are of a good consistent quality. If you do want an upgrade, I would do it on the overnight return leg.

London
Level Contributor
9,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA to Cancun

There is useful information about the aircraft here

http://www.thebasource.com/seatmaps.html

BA make most of their money from the "premium" cabins, and they have very strict policies and procedures about upgrades. In normal operations, the only way you get into a "premium cabin" is if you pay for it.

If there is disruption, and this creates an operational reason why they need to upgrade passengers - they have a process to ensure their "executive club" members get offered the upgrade before any other passengers.

london
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BA to Cancun

Thanks everyone

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA to Cancun

Getting to upgrade with BA is the easiest thing in the world, you ask BA how much it is to upgrade, you get your credit/debit card out, pays your money, upgraded. As I say, easiest thing in the world.

Luxembourg City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA to Cancun

We flew to Cancun in 2011 and 2012. Seats in 2012 were tired, some very tired. Rest of it ok

6. Re: BA to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 06:16