We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines instant upgrade

La Foye de Vinax
Level Contributor
100 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines instant upgrade

Please can someone explain to me how these work and is it guaranteed.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines instant upgrade

Yes, it books straight into F and it credits to your frequent flyer program as paid first class. I use these for all my F travels on AA (well the vast majority of them) since they're not much more than economy.

Apparently the only time you may have to be downgraded is in the case of irregular operations where you'll need to be re-accommodated on other flights and there's no space in first class. I've used these fares dozens and dozens of times in the last 6yrs or so and have never been downgraded.

2. Re: American Airlines instant upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:33