We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

Anyone recently flown with this comapny? How is it? The only major thing i really care about is the flight leaving on time.

Riverview
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

I have nothing nice to say about Thomas Cook Canada. We just returned this past Friday (Feb.17) from a Sunquest Vacation using this airline. We were supposed to leave Halifax on Friday, Feb.10 at 18:10...ended up leaving at 18:30 on Saturday, Feb.11!! They would not give us any information about what was going on, were rude and completely unprofessional.

We were lead-on and lied to from the first time we found out that the flight had been delayed. The plane we were supposed to take to Cancun had made an unexpected landing in N.Carolina due to a fuel problem. Lucky for us, we had a friend on that flight so we were being fed information from them...because we weren't getting anything from Thomas Cook agents. The flight in N.Carolina was cancelled at 20:00, those passengers were shuttled off to local hotels for the night and told that they would only be leaving for Halifax the next day (Saturday). Back in Halifax though, we were watching the departures board push our departure time ahead by an hour at a time until finally, at 23:30, the crowd was so frustrated that security came in, we were finally told the truth - the flight was cancelled and we wouldn't be leaving until sometime the next day.

Of course we still think that if we were not aware of the status of the expected inbound flight sitting in N. Carolina, we would have been made to sit there all night so they could avoid putting us up in hotels for the night.

And I didn't even mention the excess baggage fees they charged ($20 USD for each KG in excess) and then when we returned the next day and checked our luggage for the second time, those people who removed items so they would be under the maximum weight were not refunded the amount they paid the day before. And then it got even better when we finally did arrive in Cancun (exactly 24 hours late!) to find out that the aircraft was overweight in Halifax so they decided to remove approximately 70 pieces of luggage before takeoff!!!! My husband didn't get his bag until late Monday night!

Bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM THOMAS COOK CANADA!!!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,604 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

"And I didn't even mention the excess baggage fees they charged ($20 USD for each KG in excess) and then when we returned the next day and checked our luggage for the second time, those people who removed items so they would be under the maximum weight were not refunded the amount they paid the day before."

But you have mentioned this, and how is this the fault of the airline? Did they pack your luggage for you and decided to pack too much stuff?

Riverview
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

What I fault the airline for, is their absolute lack of customer service. If you read my posting again, you will realize that what I was expressing was the fact that those passengers who were overweight the first time they checked in and were charged for excess baggage (and then had to reclaim their baggage when our flight was cancelled) returned the next day being in compliance with maximum weight restrictions, were not refunded the money they had paid the day before. Had they still been overweight the second time they checked in, then yes, the excess baggage fees are policy and I respect that. However, the luggage never went anywhere with Thomas Cook on that first day - it was left in the airport handling area and then onto the baggage carousel. I don't have a problem with paying for excess baggage, as long as my bags are actually going to be handled and forwarded to the intended destination by the airline.

My opinion - which is what this forum is for - is that by charging for excess baggage, then not refunding that amount when that same bag was checked in a second time under the maximum weight, is very poor customer service. Not to mention the fact that they continued to accept overweight bags as long as people were paying, and then without notifying any of the passengers, decided to remove 70 pieces of luggage. If they cannot accommodate the excess weight, then perhaps they should be reviewing their baggage allowances and put an absoulte maximum per passenger. Not just continue to take money and then just leave the excess behind.

If you disagree, that's your prerogative, but please keep your snide comments to yourself.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,604 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

You may see it as a snide comment, but who else is to blame if their luggage is overweight? You are not the first to blame the airline and won't be the last.

If you don't like the replies you get then not sure why you have posted it on a public forum either.

Riverview
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

I just wanted to make it clear that the excess baggage fee was not my complaint.

If you disagree with my OPINION, why do you feel the need to continue replying?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,604 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

What has happened to you happens on other airlines too, we've all experienced delays of some sort but those of rational thought don't come onto a public forum then tell everyone else not to fly that airline. If we listened to every complaint like yours then there wouldn't be any airlines left to fly.

What can make a difference is how an airline handles a situation like this, and could Thomas Cook have handled it any better - who knows as we weren't party to any information available.

This might not what you want to hear, but you've come to the wrong place if you just want everyone to agree with you over your complaint. Better luck on your next vacation.

Riverview
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

I did not come to the wrong place. I posted my opinion on a public forum where many people post their opinion every day.

And you're right, I didn't add every detail to my experience. I did however, express that I felt they did not handle the situation appropriately.

For some reason, you`re holding onto my remarks about the excess baggage fees - the very least of our problems with this airline.

Someone asked for personal experience with this airline. I gave mine. Period. I wasn`t looking for, and don`t need everyone to agree with me over my complaint. I was simply providing a summary of my experience. And this is exactly the right place for that.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,604 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

"For some reason, you`re holding onto my remarks about the excess baggage fees - the very least of our problems with this airline."

_______

Incorrect. I've not even mentioned it in my previous post.

_______

"I did not come to the wrong place."

_______

Again, you have misquoted what I put. What I did state is you have come to the wrong place if you expect everyone to agree with your misfortune.

By all means tell everyone about the issues you have experienced. But what this isn't a forum for is venting and making claims not to fly XYZ airline again.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

A few years ago I flew with Skyservice out of Toronto to Cuba and I was delayed an entire 24 hours as well. Ever since then Im always worried it will happen again. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Riverview
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jazz Thomas Cook Canada

My opinion. Take it or leave it. Like everyone else does when they read postings.