We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Printed off my boarding passes as usual for myself and OH.

Presented mine to 1st leg of security where it was pointed out that on my BP the Bar Code was missing ( my O/H BP was fine ). I had not spotted this or would have attempted to rectify it.

I was advised to go to the check in desk and did so. Staff there then issued a boarding pass and all was well.

Checked my return BP same again no Bar Code.

Returning from Tenerife I approached the Ryanair info desk and the staff there manually stamped the Bar Code.

I have not seen this topic on this forum and would be interested

to know how this occurs.

If I had spotted this would reprinting have solved the problem?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

If I had spotted this would reprinting have solved the problem?

====

Hard to say, the bar code would almost certainly be within the page you were printing as a picture, so they may have been some problems on your end printing pictures.

Clearing the cache i your browser would be a good place to start, followed by using a different browser, followed by printing to PDF and seeing if the bar code is visible on that, before then printing that.

Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

I can't help with Ryanair, but I just had a similar thing with Singapore Airlines from Chiang Mai to Singapore. I had big issues printing off my pass and the system was refusing to allow the 2nd seat to be allocated. They told us to front up to check, and they re-issued the 2 passes. We we reached the gate they had reallocated the wrong seat - it was 18B/C and not 16B/C. So the boarding crew just wrote on it with a biro, and of course they put us in someone else's seats.

I don't know how this can happen, but it was a case for us that we just changed seats, but it wouldn't scan either of course, it was manually "ticked off". We had the actual print out where it said it was 16B/C but they woudln't believe the printout!

Very strange!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,597 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

From what you posted it looks like - due to your circumstance - RyanAir re-issued your BP wthout charging their exorbitant re-issue fee. So that's a positive - at least they didn't charge you an arm and a leg because of printing issues.

Edited: 29 January 2012, 11:31
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Yes, that was my main concern. Having read many posts on this forum about Ryanair, I had visions of being asked for £60 x 2 for reprinting the BP.

I thought it strange though that 2 of the BPs were ok. I was hoping there might be someone on this forum who could have given an explanation as to how this happened.

Anyhow, something I will definitely look out for in future.

Thanks to all for the input.

London UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Ryanair will not charge you to reissue a boarding pass which is demonstrably faulty. The other big problem I have seen is barcodes which are so "dense" (probably as a reult of too much ink being used by the printer) that they will not scan.

If you can show them that you have followed their instructions in all good faith they will reissue a BC for free. It's only if you turn up with no BC at all that they charge you.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Same thing happened to me with Easyjet a few years ago, it was only the return leg at CDG.. they made me feel like an illegal immigrant, it was as though it had never happened before. Eventually after a lot of to-ing and frow-ing between staff they let me out of security and go to the check in desk for another boarding pass.

I think in my case the barcode was the only item on another page and the printer did not read it , I have always checked ever since, lesson definitely learned

Stirling, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

My problem is that the Boarding Pass has been saved as a PDF which does not fit on one A4 page. The barcode is actually split - part on one page and part on the next. I have printed off Ryanair BPs many times before on the same laptop and printer with no problems. I am afraid that I may be charged at the airport for a new one. Anyone had the same experience?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,657 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Before you print out the boarding pass can you access "print preview", "page set up" and change the header / footer? Good luck!

Maidstone, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

I had the same problem and then I discovered the way round it - when you get to the final screen with your pass, there is a print button. if you use that, the barcode won't appear. if you click on the 'Save as PDF' option, it magically appears when you view said PDF. this is clearly a bug on the Ryan Air website and they should have rectified it by now.

Pilisvörösvár...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair Boarding Pass..Bar Code Missing.

Problems here too... I every time I try to print my boarding card, the barcode under page is... well a second one appears in the barcode area but much smaller. I tried to print it many times from different places but the pdf is ok! I don't know what to do but it is crazy! :\