We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selecting seats with AA.

uk
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Selecting seats with AA.

I've just booked some flights with AA for next month.

Flying MIA to ORD then ORD to MAN three days later. Out is MAN to MIA via LHR with BA.

Anyway, trying to select my seats with AA via their website. Can change seats for the TA leg no issues but I can't seem to change my seat on the MIA to ORD leg.

Anybody got any suggestions why this is? I have a BA Gold card so I believe I should have full seat selection choices.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,422 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

Just phone up the BA executive club and they will sort you with the seats you want.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

This happened to me before on an AA/BA booking and I called AA on 1-800-433-7300

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

Just phone up the BA executive club and they will sort you with the seats you want.

BA won't be able to help. It's an AA flight so they're the ones to figure this out. You'll just need to make sure your BA number is in the booking so you can select seats over the phone with the EXP desk. (Handily when your BA Gold number is in the booking you're automatically routed to the EXP desk)

Has there been a change of equipment between you booking and going to assign your seats? I do both at the same time but I know some don't.

uk
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

I'll give them a call and see if they can sort it.

TA sectors are in BC while the internal section is in EC, hence my desire to grab a half way decent seat.

Thanks all.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

Go to AA's website, login using your PNR number to pull up your reservation. Add your frequent flyer details. Wait a few hours and come back. Since you are a BA Gold, once the system recognizes your status, you should normally get better seats to choose from, unless the flight is not allowing seating assignments due to capacity issues.

I am a CX Gold and I have done the above many times. The key is to add your FF number to your booking.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 17:32
uk
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

My status is already showing......I'll call them next week once I'm in the office.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

Do you have AA's record locator (Sabre - six letters)? If you don't, phone BA and they can tell you what it is.

uk
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

Yep, also have the AA record locator.

As I said, I can change the seats on my TA flights just not the internal one.

I can see the seat map, just doesn't let me change my allocated seat.

Will call them next week.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

My guess is then the domestic US leg is pretty full already so you can't change seats. I have even had flights that don't allow me to select any seats. Still, it doesn't hurt to call and try.

10. Re: Selecting seats with AA.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 10:22