We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privatair

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Privatair

I was looking to book a business class seat from EWR to ZRH on Nov 20th with a return flight on Nov 23rd. The only option available is on Swiss Intl operated by Privatair on a Boeing 737-800. I would appreciate any first hand experience on this flight, especially with regards to comfort, IFE and cartering.

I have flown in a Privatair flight operated for Lufthansa from PNQ to FRA, twice, and wasnt very impressed - No IFE (hand held DVD players with DVDs available on demand - cant eat/drink and watch at the same time), old business class type seats and IMO stripped down service.

I have other options on Swiss Intl (2 flights, both on an A330) and AA (who I generally avoid) on a 767 from JFK, but would take a flight from JFK only if the Privatair flight from EWR is not recommended.

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privatair

Due to lack of others responding, I'll chip in...

I've flown the Privatair operated KLM flight from IAH to AMS a couple years ago. It was fair compared to recent flatbed changes on the mainlines. The service was very good. It was expensive and no points flowed to my alliance partner program. I treat it as a last resort.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privatair

Thanks GeoMedic. Anyone with direct experieince of the flight in question?

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privatair

Hi,

I fly Swiss all the time and also flew Privatair to Newark twice.

The seats aren't lie flat and you don't have a Entertainment system. You get a DVD player. But the food is remarkable.

If you like the quite environment on the Privatair plane than I would recommend you this. If you don't mind beeing on a plane with 200 others than definitely fly the A330. That plane is amazing! The new business class is really good. If possible in C class choose a seat K! They are the best as your seated alone.

Hope I could help :)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Privatair

Thanks Jeremych. For me, the lack of a flat bed is a deal breaker unless I have no other options. I've booked on the A330 from JFK, although it is a little inconvenient. Also, thank you for your seat selection tip.

5. Re: Privatair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 05:16