We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Length of flight please?

wirral
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Length of flight please?

I hate flying due to motion sickness and I am flying from Manchester to Gatwick with BA next week. Please can someone tell me approx flying time (up in air!)? Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Length of flight please?

Ha! I did Manchester to Heathrow a few weeks ago...actual flying time about 35 minutes followed by 25 minutes of circling.

It will probably be better for Gatwick.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,516 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Length of flight please?

About 35 mins actual flying time, as long as you don't get stuck holding over London.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Length of flight please?

If you hate flying it begs the question why you are not taking the train on such a short journey?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,277 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Length of flight please?

I flew from Manchester to Gatwick (A320 aircraft) on the way back from the Azores earlier in the year. Flight time was 45 minutes according to the ticket but the actual flight time was just over 30 minutes.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Length of flight please?

ninabean

Virgin Trains has excellent service each hour between Manchester Piccadilly and London Euston. Why not do this? It's much cheaper and no planes involved.

Regards

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,294 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Length of flight please?

Here in the states we can get a marvelous ANTI motion sickness tablet called Marazine. In the midwest we have to ask the chemist to order it and it arrives in two days. It works great for cruises as well.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Length of flight please?

I only get travel sick on a plane if it is turbulent, however I will start vomiting within 10 minutes on a train (especially now that the trains tilt!)! So can't do the train either! Thanks, the shorter the better for me, pity I then have a 9hr flight to Kenya!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Length of flight please?

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you won't panic on your flight to Nairobi.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Length of flight please?

I'd suggest a trip to the gp and get a motion sickness patch. I can't remember what they are called, but you stick it on your arm and it lasts two days or so (you can shower with them on). I gave only used them once for a planned sea trip in a small boat and it worked a treat.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Length of flight please?

thanks Id, nothing works, including patch sadly :(