We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights prices???

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Flights prices???

I'm traveling to London Heathrow next June and have not bought my airline tickets yet. Prices have gone up $100 in the last three weeks. Any suggestions on buying now to ensure flight availability as opposed to waiting a while to see if fares drop?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights prices???

No one here knows* what is going to happen to prices, but I certainly wouldnt buy in case there is no availability.

* But I would guess there will be at least one sale in the next 6 months. Whether that reaches out to June, again, no one knows.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights prices???

OP - look to the right of this screen under the heading, "Top questions about Air Travel" and read, "What's with these screwy ticket prices? Buy now or later?'

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,567 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights prices???

Thx gracie. I was about to reference the same.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,991 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights prices???

In addition to what the others have said $100 across three weeks is not a lot. There are dozens or pricing and ticketing combinations for a given a flight. To give you some idea the full fare economy class price on that route is $3700 return.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights prices???

From MCI you will get the best fares via ORD [Chicago].

UA, AA and BA fly direct

6. Re: Flights prices???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 17:19