We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

lancashire england
Level Contributor
88 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

Just a word of warning. We have booked with Onthebeach many times and had no problems. However, this time we needed to contact them and were expected to pay 50p a minute for the privilege. The emails I sent them were occasionally responded to. They have now just sent us the Thomas Cook flight tickets for next Saturday with the wrong flight times on and I can just see us having to pay charges to change transfer arrangements etc. at our destination. All in all the prices are cheap but it is probably worth paying more to someone else and not having to spend hours and hours in the weeks beforehand checking up on everything............

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,933 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

Bit late now but some research would have thrown up lots of complaints about OTB. It seems some people are lucky with them, quite a lot not so!

How can OTB send you Thomas Cook tickets with the wrong flight times on? TC issue the tickets with the correct times for your flight and send them to the agent.

I think the title of your post is wrong. What have TC got to do with your problems?

lancashire england
Level Contributor
88 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

The flights were booked with onthebeach as a third party agent. After numerous calls to Thomas Cook (the flight provider) we received them by email from onthebeach, with the incorrect flight times on them. Looks as though we will have no option but to go at the time they say or not at all

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,933 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

The tickets come from TC via the agent (OTB), so the agent has not put the wrong flight times on them, neither has TC. Are you saying that there was more than one flight to your destination on that day and OTB have booked you on the wrong one? Where are you flying to?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

Given the number of complaints about changes to these sort of holidays it seems equally likely that TC simply changed flight times or cancelled one, moving everyone on that to the remaining flights.

In any case if you book through a third party there is inevitably an increased chance of errors due to miscommunication, and difficulty getting things fixed.

I also presume that when you booked with OTB you did that in the full knowledge of any costs to call them and you took that into account when determining savings ? No point complaining about a £5 call to OTB if you saved £100 by using them. Too many people here expect to have their cake and eat it.

5. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2017, 23:48
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,491 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

"However, this time we needed to contact them and were expected to pay 50p a minute for the privilege."

I'm surprised that there are still people out there who are not familiar with the website Say No To 0870..

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

Tried to book with Onthe beach. Found a good price holiday after lots of research and time. Only to be called the next day to be told holiday price has gone up £300.00. What a waste of time. You can't trust anything they advertise. Also about time they were banned from charging such high credit and debit card charges £69.00 extra what a joke. Govt needs to crack down on this sooner. Tthe govt should also crack down on travel agents and all holidays things being so much more expensive when the kids are on holidays off school. Parents hands are tied. Don't expect holiday price to be what is shown on the website.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,933 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

So OTB prices went up by £300, and Sunmaster did the same when looked at booking though them?

tripadvisor.co.uk/…38220984

Not to mention the Egypt thread is 5 months old, and this was the first reply!

Edited: 24 January 2012, 21:30
lancashire england
Level Contributor
88 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

I've been using say no to 0870 for years. On the beach got there first and their line for customer services is not listed

Edited: 25 January 2012, 16:08
lancashire england
Level Contributor
88 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Onthebeach/Thomas Cook

I've been using say no to 0870 for years. On the beach got there first and their line for costner services is not listed