We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online check-in without printer?

New York
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Online check-in without printer?

Hi. I am staying in Paris for 10 days in an apartment. No printer. How can I check in online without having a printer to print out my boarding pass for my flight home. Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online check-in without printer?

In 99% of cases you can check in online and then get your boarding pass at the airport. In the other 1%, which is probably Ryanair, you need to find an Internet cafe and check in and print your pass there unless you are away for a short enough time you can print both your outbound and your return pass at home before you leave.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,620 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online check-in without printer?

I am keen on OLCI, use it as often as I can. I am not a fan of printing my own boarding passes, and so far have had zero aggro obtaining BPs at airports for flights I've taken.

Unless as joe said you plan to fly with Ryanair - and I suspect not if your flight will be to NYC - then you may check in on line as soon as it's available and then collect a boarding pass when handing in your baggage at CDG on departure day.

New York
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online check-in without printer?

Thanks. I didn't realize that I could do that. This is for an AirFrance flight (booked through Delta when I had to change my travel date). My daughter and I are seated apart, on either end of the center group of seats. That's all that was left at the time. When is it best to try to change that seating arrangement?

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online check-in without printer?

Do you carry a smartphone?

I never check-in with a printed boarding pass. Instead, I just check-in online (usually from the phone) and have the boarding pass sent to my blackberry phone, and they just scan the screen of the phone when going through security or boarding the plane. Nice and simple, can be done from virtually anywhere, and requires no paper.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Online check-in without printer?

When is it best to try to change that seating arrangement?

----------------

Whenever you can do online checkin, which is generally with 24 hours or less, but you can check on your airlines website.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Online check-in without printer?

If printing from the site is required, you can always print to file on your computer, then pick up the real one when you et to the airport.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Online check-in without printer?

Main benefit I see of printing the boarding pass is if you have no check-in luggage [probably highly unlikely on long haul?] you can go straight to security. Saw some people a few weeks ago sent back from security to the check-in desk as the print quality of the boarding card barcode wasn't good enough. Didn't seem to be any issues with getting it reprinted.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,804 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Online check-in without printer?

"When is it best to try to change that seating arrangement?"

Try doing it now. Check back at delta.com from time to time and see if anything has opened up. You can also try at airfrance.com. It is possible the different systems may control different lots of seats, or that one system may let you make a change the other will not.

AF may also have a different record locator number than Delta. If you can't pull up your reservation on both sites, scan your itinerary to see if a second PNR (six digit alphanumeric) was issued by AF.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Online check-in without printer?

OLCI opens with Air France 30 hours before flight,or 24 hours if flying to USA. Try to do this asap the AF site may give you a bettter choice of seats,some better seats are held for a while to allow AF elite pax to get them, so if all else fails try again at the airport

10. Re: Online check-in without printer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 01:17