We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Orlando with BA

Leicester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
London to Orlando with BA

Hi all,

Just about to go on my first long haul flight to America.

The flights are with British Airways and i was wondering what the facilities are like on the plane, Leg room entertainment food ext.

We are flying econemy but have no idea what to expect. Has any one done a simlar journey with BA. I've flew with them aroung europe and had no problems but wouldn't want to be on the flight for 12 hours and no leg room.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Orlando with BA

31" pitch which is about industry standard.

Free alcoholic drinks.

You'll get two meal services; one after takeoff and an afternoon tea prior an hour or so prior landing.

On Demand Entertainment system is most likely. Either that or a 12 channel system where the films are on a loop.

Check-in 24hrs before your flight to pre-assign one of the better seats.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Orlando with BA

There is loads of info on the BA website about what to expect re meals and in flight entertainment and facilities. Seat pitch is 31 inches (also on the website) but it's a bit late to be asking after you booked what it is!

BA will also have sent you emails Full of links re what to expect I got one early this week for my flight next week.

Edited: 23 September 2011, 00:16
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Orlando with BA

BA is one of my favourite airlines and I'm sure you'll have a great flgiht.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Orlando with BA

james w

You will hava a wonderful all round experience. Expect very attentive and friendly crew who Fly To Serve :D. The three-class 777-200ER which operates this route typically is a 275 seater, although one of the 283 seaters sometimes operates this route as well. If you want a good view approaching MCO, take an A seat from 26 back towards to end. I usually take 28A whenever I'm in WT. The economy seats ahead of ros 26 are blocked by the wing.

All other points have been covered already.

Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Orlando with BA

Hi,

Did that flight last February. Had an Aisle seat in 3 / 4 / 3 eco cabin. Only one way as it was a replacement as Aer Lingus was on strike. I flew the return leg with Aer Lingus.

Standard legroom and seat pitch, In flight entertainment and food / drink service was good.

IFE in my flight was On Demand not a loop, but probably depends on the plane that day.

Flight time is about 8/9 hours not 12 ;)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Orlando with BA

Did that flight last February. Had an Aisle seat in 3 / 4 / 3 eco cabin.

BA's 777s are all 3-3-3 in economy. The 747s are 3-4-3 but don't operate the MCO route.

7. Re: London to Orlando with BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:19