We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

edinburgh
Level Contributor
155 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

OK Just to balance out the post about "What excites you about flying" I thought I would get the opposite view points!! So here goes. For me in no order 1. Waiting in Line,At check in, at Security, at the gate, getting on the plane, ect ect. 2. Badly behaved and screaming children (and sometimes adults). 3. The Food 4. People that are SO Large they really should have purchased 2 seats and not used half of yours. 5. Cramped Seat pitches. 6. Sitting on the tarmac for Hours and 7. Music playing ALL The time - WHY. And I am normally a "Glass half full" type of person but I really really wish I could aford to travel First Class!!!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Heavy turbulance, full flight, screaming and non-stop crying babies or kids... in that order

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Good point Pinkpanther! I 'll put in my 2-cents. Long Lines at security....trying to find your gate in an airport you've never been in....mechanicals when you have a connecting flight...passengers who are rude to the crew for no reason at all....the know-it-all passenger who is sitting next to you telling you how great they are when you only want to sleep!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,338 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Long lines at security, people with all types of junk, change, keys, etc in their pockets prolonging the security checks, annoying babies on long-haul flights, rude people who recline their seats during meal service.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Passengers who have no idea what a bar of soap or a can of deodorant are......passengers who try (unsucessfully) to shut the overhead bin after stuffing the kitchen sink up there....oh and yes...ditto on the crying babies!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

why cant we have adult only flights ? i for one would pay extra

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Passengers who ram a case the size of my checked luggage ontop of my laptop/hand luggage .

Getting my seat kicked by a kid whose parents don't want or cant stop it. Pax who recline their seat( on short haul) so hard and fast my drink flies of the table.

Arriving in EDI to the idiotic weaving cattle pen for passport control followed by up to 45 mins for luggage to arrive

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,920 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

People who don't know the routine. Am talking about those who approach security unprepared, those who rush the gate regardless of when they're supposed to board, those who amble through the terminal blocking moving walkways etc.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Dislike take off, the boredom on a long flight, and rubbish films!

The prices for drinks and snacks

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

<<those who rush the gate regardless of when they're supposed to board>>

So true. I'll never forget this one couple years ago standing at the podium then getting picked for the random security check at the gate. Pretty funny.

I dislike the lack of leg room in coach (especially long haul) and the carryon liquid rules.

Edited: 27 August 2011, 19:51
South West England
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Survey:- What do you Dis-like about Flying

Getting a crap seat. Having to fly in a turbo prop.