We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bravofly

oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Bravofly

Anyone else had problems??

Here's my experience.

Asked to change a first name on the ticket to co-respond to the passport and was told Delta airlines had refused to do this. On phoning Delta they said it was perfectly OK to change but they had to deal with Bravofly not me. Bravofly repeatedly told me that they had tried their best by phone and email. Delta said there had been no contact wirh Bravofly and their contract was with them. The flight was imminent and I was becoming distressed when I was told that the £650 tickets were worthless. I kept phoning to beg them to make that call. Hardly anyone at the call centre could speak English, the lines were almost inaudible as they were 'shared' and all were badly trained -just saying anything to fob me off-- They said they would ask and phone me back but didn't. On one occassion someone asked what the airline was and on my saying Delta he said' never heard of it can you spell it'. I said D for Delta, E for echo, l for Lima etc and he repeated D4E4L4 etc, then he hung up.!!!! In desperation I phoned the office in Italy where a smart Italian who spoke perfect English promised he would sort it the following day. He kept his word and the name was changed.

To finish off this awful experience,the flight was changed from Mexico City to Atlanta instead of New York without letting the passenger know so the family that were picking up from Heathrow were told that there was no record of the flight and had no idea what had hapenned to the passenger. The arrival was a stressful two hours later than the family planned for. DON'T DO IT- KEEP CLEAR OF BRAVOFLY

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bravofly

To finish off this awful experience,the flight was changed from Mexico City to Atlanta instead of New York without letting the passenger know

Are you saying the passenger had a flight booked from MEX-JFK and it was changed to MEX-ATL? What does this have to do with LHR? This seems very unlikely, and I wonder what piece of this story is missing.

Edited: 13 May 2011, 18:05
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
16,711 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bravofly

"Are you saying the passenger had a flight booked from MEX-JFK and it was changed to MEX-ATL? What does this have to do with LHR? This seems very unlikely, and I wonder what piece of this story is missing."

Gracie, I'm assuming the PAX was rerouted through ATL on Delta instead of JFK with an onward flight to LHR. I agree with you though, too much missing in the OP's story to make sense.

oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bravofly

The flight from Mexico was supposed to go to Heathrow via New York but without warning at check in on departure the flight was swapped to Mexico-Atlanta- Heathrow. This meant that the people collecting from Heathrow had no idea what had happened to their son as the Delta flight from New York had been cancelled and the flight number on the itinery no longer existed. The traveller was given no explanation and the person collecting was given no information. I believe the contract is with the agent and they should inform the passenger and the person that bought the ticket. I hope this makes it clearer.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bravofly

Moral of the story, book direct with the airlines to avoid above headaches, simples!!!

Chiasso, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bravofly

Dear Moose,

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered. As explained to you over the phone, traditional airlines do not usually allow changes to the names of the passengers who are travelling. However, in your case, Delta made an exception and they agreed to let us change the name. Unfortunately, they did charge us a certain fee for this name change, which we had to bill you. We would like to emphasize that your case was an exception.

Regarding the change that occurred on your flight, this is completely out of our hands and we are not responsible for this. Airlines can change flight schedules and stopover airports at any time in order to guarantee that the customer makes it to their final destination. We are sorry for the problems your change may have caused. Also, when there is a schedule change, our policy is to always inform our customers, giving them as many details as possible. But in your case the airline’s decision to change airports was made at the last minute. There was no way for us to be informed about this change.

Finally, we apologize for the poor customer service you received. We are currently monitoring the quality of our customer service and we hope to improve customers’ experience when dealing directly with Bravofly.

Best,

Simona (simona@bravofly.com)

Bravofly

Edited: 19 May 2011, 16:17
oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bravofly

Thank you for your concern in trying to put things right with me. However you still canot accept that Delta has no problems changing up to three letters of a Christian name and they made no exception for me--it's routine. I am afraid to say that you are not telling the truth, nor were your advisors who told me that they had tried many times to change the details by phone and email. Delta told me emphatically that Bravofly had not made any contact with them and they were astonished that you would not help me with such a simple issue and even gave me the special agents hotline for me to pass on to you.

I can accept that there was a last minute change, and that it might have been too late to contact anyone. However there was no record of the flight my son had been put on so it was stressful waiting to see where he was.

I would have been much happier if you had held your hand up and apologised for the poor service.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bravofly

OP - why didn't the passenger just call and let you know about the flight change?

I have no idea what happened with this ticket, but can tell you that just because a DL agent tells you something, does not mean it's true. A DL spokeswoman says the following about charging for these changes:

“It’s handled on a case-by-case basis,” says airline spokeswoman Susan Elliott. “It depends on how significant the change is that they’re requesting.”

As an interesting aside, DL collected the most cancellation and change fees ($533 million in the first nine months of 2010), of any other carrier.

Next time check the ticket immediately, and consider booking directly with the airline.

oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bravofly

Delta was quite clear about the rules-- They will change the firstname up to three letters. this is their policy.

9. Re: Bravofly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 October 2011, 22:05
10. Re: Bravofly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 21:04