We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edreams is a fraud company

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
edreams is a fraud company

I tried booking 4 tickets for my Europe holiday and I got two confirmations and 2 on hold and they say wait for our confirmation email and do no rebook it. I waited for a day and called my bank and they said the merchant has declined the transaction, so go ahead and rebook the tickets.

I rebooked it and now after a day i get a confirmation email from edreams saying that my flight is confirmed. I immediately lodged a complaint with ICICI and also with edreams.

To my surpirse i got a call from ICICI bank saying that there is another transaction this morning from edreams and I said I was in bed till then and how could the transaction happen and I bloced my card. But now I have lost more than 11k due to this scam.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: edreams is a fraud company

"they say wait for our confirmation email and do no rebook"

Sounds like your own fault to me. They clearly advised you not to rebook and you did anyway. Should have followed instructions.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: edreams is a fraud company

Why blame edreams? Blame your bank and/or yourself.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: edreams is a fraud company

There have been many complaints about eDreams, some of them justified. I would certainly never use them.

However, if they said do not rebook, you should not have rebooked. As a minimum you should have at least called them back again to check.

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: edreams is a fraud company

There was a message on edreams which said your credit card details are wrong. I called my bank to check and they advised me to rebook.

And how do we explain this unaccounted transaction for another 1000/- for nothing from eDreams?

Undoubtedly they have recorded my credit card details with them.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: edreams is a fraud company

1,000 what? USD? INR? You should ask edreams about that.

Edited: 26 March 2011, 06:25
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: edreams is a fraud company

<<Sounds like your own fault to me. They clearly advised you not to rebook and you did anyway. Should have followed instructions.>>

So the OP should have just waited indefinitely? If the bank said merchant has declined that probably seems good enough for most unfamiliar with how all this stuff works.

<<As a minimum you should have at least called them back again to check.>>

A reasonable point but judging by previous posters it probably would have made little if any difference.

<<but now I have lost more than 11k due to this scam.>>

Use credit cards so companies don't just suck the money directly out of your bank and you have some protection

Why people use these jokers is beyond me ... oh no, I remember, they are dirt cheap, so that excuses everything, including doing a minute's research on them beforehand.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: edreams is a fraud company

ps. I didn't realise you used a credit card, read too quickly and was confused by reference to your bank and losing money - why have you 'lost' 11,000 ?

At the moment you have an 11k credit card entry you can dispute.

Hyderabad, India
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: edreams is a fraud company

Rs 1000 INR..thier cal centres are pathetic in spanish!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: edreams is a fraud company

If the OP booked four tickets - assume on the same credit card and transaction - and two were ticketed and two not because (assume) the (same) card was denied, I'd be suspicious. Either all should be ticketed or all denied.

I'd be calling eDreams back and saying "how come you ticket half my reservation but declined the other half?"

As Joe says, lodge a dispute with the Cc company/bank against the additional charges. Provide facts/dates/details.

This does look to me like another reason not to book eDreams. They've been caught "splitting returns into separate tickets", now splitting multi-person reservations?

Edited: 26 March 2011, 07:04
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,625 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: edreams is a fraud company

"Rs 1000 INR..thier cal centres are pathetic in spanish!"

Is this an attempt at irony?? ;-)