We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

London, United...
2 posts
Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

My husband and I were on the above flight to Holguin, Cuba. The flight was 4 hours delayed which was due, by what the Captain said when we boarded the airline, that the delay was due to the wrong rivets being used (a technical problem). I have complained bitterly to them not only because of the delay but also their cabin service which was appalling. The cabin crew missed providing us refreshments on the way out and the way back! I have been told that the delay was due to Air Traffic Control and I have not received an apology for the service. I have now taken this up with Moneysavingexpert.com (MartinsMoneyTips) and the online service has provided me with a template for me to fill in and this is then sent directly to Thomas Cook. If there is anyone out there that was on that airline could you please reply to this message and let me know if you were successful with your claim or if you haven't made a claim use the online claim as above. Pam Pearey

14 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

"that the delay was due to the wrong rivets being used (a technical problem)" - Blimey!

I think you are talking about Resolver which is run in conjunction with MSE and is both free and good.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,831 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

Wrong rivets used on what! I'm guessing he was being flippant when he said it.

According to EU Claim that flight is not eligible for compensation.

"An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay."

There was a lot of disruption at London airports that date, due to the weather, so ATC would have restrictions in place.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-an…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,421 posts
217 reviews
3. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

“The cabin crew missed providing us refreshments on the way out and the way back!”

Just you or everyone else? If it was just you, what did the Cabin crew say when you mentioned it? If it was everyone on board was the seat belt sign on for a large part of the journey? They may not have been able to serve refreshments if there was prolonged turbulence.

South of England
Level Contributor
3,342 posts
185 reviews
4. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

I thought the same as Leyland did about the "wrong wiggets" comment. It appears more likely a weather/ATC delay.

When you mention being missed out for refreshments. Do you mean the trolley service with drinks? If so, why not just get the crews attention.

Edited: 14 August 2018, 14:54
London, United...
2 posts
5. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

It was just us. The service was very poor. Will not fly with Thomas Cook again only if when visiting Cuba again. Hopefully by the time we do other airlines will be flying there.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,831 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

<< Will not fly with Thomas Cook again only if when visiting Cuba again. >>

That makes no sense. TCX crew and service is usually very good. So they missed you on a trolley run. No big deal, just ask them as they're coming back again. If you want to avoid them then you will need to avoid them for all destinations. It's not like the same crew operate the same route all the time.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

So occasionally I’ve been missed. I just attract their attention, they apologise and serve me. I don’t sit there being unhappy about it and complain to the company afterwards.

If I can’t attract their attention, I’ll get off my butt (if I’m in an aisle seat) and go and speak to them nicely. If I’m stuck in the window seat, I’ll use the call button

W Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,759 posts
182 reviews
8. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

I hear lots of planes fly to Cuba, but they are not cheap.

Wrong rivets?, that's what happens when you employ frogs to fix your aircraft.

Rivet, rivet.

derby
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
1 review
9. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

OP how do you know the same thing won’t happen again with a different airline? Why didn’t you ask a FA for refreshments as you’ve been missed out?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,654 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50

Service is not offered when there is turbulence and also if you appear that you might be napping, FA's will usually just pass you by rather than wake you. Airlines are equipped with all buttons so if they missed you , why didn't you ring yours and request service? You've been stewing over missed refreshments for over two months? Next time do like most people do - pack your own snacks and then the lack of refreshments (or ones you don't like) won't be an issue.

As for the delay, what did you expect them to do? Whether it was a technical issue, weather, or ATC, the plane can not depart until the captain is given clearance.

Edited: 16 August 2018, 15:12
Reply to: Thomas Cook Airlines Flight Delay 29/5/18 9.:50
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted