We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delayed flight compensation

Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Delayed flight compensation

Hiya, I am looking to claim for a delayed flight however it was in 2013 and I no longer have the flight number. Does anyone have a website that I could use to get the flight number?

Thank you

34 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
378 reviews
1. Re: Delayed flight compensation

Flightstats is one website you can search for historical flight data, although you now need to pay to register to see older data from around the time of your flight.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/

2. Re: Delayed flight compensation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 February 2018, 20:09

Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Delayed flight compensation

Thank you I appreciate your help.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,081 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Delayed flight compensation

oh my. you have not bothered with it for 6 years, so why the urge to claim compo now?

Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Delayed flight compensation

4 years not 6. In between these years my son had cancer, has that answered your question?

Edited: 23 February 2018, 21:07
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,081 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Delayed flight compensation

2013 t0 2018 is five years. but as i asked and the post was removed, why chase any possible compo now as you had ignored if since 2013? you had forgotten it so it appears rather pointless to look for compo for a delay so long ago. and of course, the delay could well have been non compensatable.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
378 reviews
7. Re: Delayed flight compensation

Nakagoli, your response to this thread was only to be expected. Still you can't get the time frame right, in your crass reply which has now been deleted you first said six years, and now you are saying five years. Maybe to the beginning of 2013 it is, but the end of 2013 is only a little over 4 years.

I really do think you need to take a look at yourself and the attitude you demonstrate in your responses here on TA. The Op has given a reason why there was a delay, although they certainly don't have to justify themselves and you're still going on. Unbelievable.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
13,150 posts
122 reviews
8. Re: Delayed flight compensation

Why does it matter how long someone takes to do anything?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,081 posts
80 reviews
9. Re: Delayed flight compensation

sunmagic. you are not my keeper! if you do not like my comments (remember this is an open forum) then do not read them, but please do not attack me because i think it is rather pointless to go chasing for an event that occurred 5 years ago, yep, my initial maths was incorrect, but that is really irrelevant. i am a firm believer that if yoou have not bothered to chase something for so many years, then the issue is over and done with. what suddenly prompted the op to think back so long and decide to try and claim compo? we do not even know the reason for the delay. the op has not got the flight number either, and he could have no proof to provide any airline that he was on the flight or what was offered or accepted.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
378 reviews
10. Re: Delayed flight compensation

What does it even mean when you say I'm not your keeper? Just like someone else asking a question, you are not their 'keeper' so can't instill your crass attitude and beliefs on them. It appears I wasn't the only one who found your comment crass as others must have voted it off too. You can believe whatever you want, but it is your attitude in how you put your opinion across. If you feel so strongly about the time frame being too long, complain to the airline, CAA or EU or anyone else who is responsible for setting the six year time limit - not someone who is asking about making a claim within that time frame.

Reply to: Delayed flight compensation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted